Return to “Games”

Ori and the Blind Forest

".. a very artistically-driven 2D platformer with common elements from both the Metroid and Castlevania series", new to Steam. Website: http://www.oriblindforest.com/

Reviewers are saying that this one is setting a high bar for artsy games.
(Here's a let's play I've begun watching.. reminds me of Child of Light but significantly more visually / mechanically impressive. My 'add to cart' finger is itching somethin' fierce.)

Thoughts?
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell
Re: Ori and the Blind Forest

N810 wrote:Is this out yet ? :eh:
Yep. Bought it. Turns out I kinda suck at Metroidvania stuff, so there's been some rage already.

But everything looks and sounds lovely. :D
Spoiler:      SHOW
Got this far before getting stuck on how to progress.. :oops: time to pray to google for deliverance.
Not topping any leaderboards, that's for sure! :lol:

Steam discussions solved my roadblock after only a small search, yay! :D Further up, further in!
Spoiler:      SHOW
Highly recommend, just keeps getting better. :thumbup:
Last edited by Baile nam Fonn on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you enjoy watching a good Let's Play series every now and again, I'll recommend this one which I just found. { here there be spoilers, of course }

Beautiful, gorgeous, easy on the eyes, fair to look upon game (with praiseworthy gameplay to boot)? Check.

Competent player who won't often make you cringe? Check.

Easy going, reasonably intelligent and delightfully accented commentary? Check.

I finished my first playthrough today.
Six-hundred-some-odd deaths
--some rage and storm away from the computer moments, yes--
but, nevertheless, rewarding & exhilarating & immersing & delightful.

Already well into my second ramble into Nibel (the blind forest). :D

edit: gotta link the soundtrack (so good!) and recommend a quick listen to Escaping the Ruins or Approaching the End, at the very least. :)
Last edited by Baile nam Fonn on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I watched a few minutes of the Let's Play just to get a look at it. Damn that looks nice.

Edit - Recommends a controller. Don't own one 8-)

I also read it is absurdly difficult but that doesn't bother me to much. I'll probably just have to play over and over and over lots but I'm used to that. Platformer noob!
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:I watched a few minutes of the Let's Play just to get a look at it. Damn that looks nice.

Edit - Recommends a controller. Don't own one 8-)

I also read it is absurdly difficult but that doesn't bother me to much. I'll probably just have to play over and over and over lots but I'm used to that. Platformer noob!

It is extremely difficult,just don't do what I did and use your save game power willy nilly,it was a stroke of genius by the devs to allow you to create a save point but just save that energy and save when you are really stuck.

I'm now starting again as I have no way of gaining energy on this level for a save point I've respawned about 20 times "Gggrrrrr"still a wonderful game though. :thumbup:

Just finished the game. About 200 deaths and 7 hours for a near-perfect clear (except for the one area you can't return to).

My reaction? :shock:

It's a must-have game.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now