Return to “Suggestions”

Planets, Government, combat and death.

Planets, Government, combat and death.

I’ve discovered Limit Theory literally two weeks ago and today I decided to post my suggestions here. Sadly I would have loved to contribute to this game if not for my ignorance so in that spirit I thought I could give my ideas and thoughts and hear what people think about them.

Planets.

In regards to planets I think you should be able to acquire planets through the following methods:

Claiming a planet.

You’re a wise explorer who happened to have enough resources and the good fortune to come across an uninhabited planet. Great for you, since you happen to be the first to find that planet and you coincidently happen to have enough resources to set up a new colony you get to claim that planet for yourself.

Conquering a Planet.

This is a tricky one, conquering a plot of land is hard enough but to conquer an entire planet you would have to be the Bill Gates of the future to be able to afford a fleet that large; hell you might actually have to be Bill Gates. It would be nice if you could have a drop ship mechanic implemented, where your capital ships drop troops onto the planet in order to occupy strategic points whilst your fleet bombs the enemy from above. Think Starship troopers. You could even have a sort of procedural news channel updating as you progress or regress in your planetary conquest.

Peace treaties.

You’ve humiliated your enemy and killed he’s entire family including the squirrel in he’s front yard. He comes to the negotiation table as he slowly sobs and rocks back and forth, you put your hand on he’s back and pad him gently. You tell him that this happens to most people who face you, and that you will leave him alone if he just gives that nice garden world to you and all the population on it. He’s eyes open wide, he smiles revealing the two remaining teeth he still possesses and agrees happily.

Barter, buy or trade.

The terms are self-explanatory.

Rebellion

You were sitting at a bar when a princes; with a droid and an old man asks you to join a rebellion for freedom and liberty and some other bullshit excuse not to pay taxes. You think it’s a bad Idea but the princes has great tits, and an ass that makes your mouth wet, besides some other physiological reactions. So under these circumstances you decided that her cause is clearly a worthy one. Against all odds the force is with you and your rebellion succeeds and the princes is so grateful she gives a reward, unfortunately it is a planet. You win a rebellion and still can’t get laid; well at least you can lead a nation now.

Government

So you got yourself a planet a moon or some small rock in the ass end of nowhere, what now?
What’s your next step? Well you have to run the place somehow. But how? “How” should be the question you get once you own a rock, do you want to become emperor Bill Gates, or President Bill Gates or do you prefer Beloved Chairman Kim Jong Gates? If you chose the authoritarian route than yeah you get to dictate everything you lucky dog, but if you chose a more democratic route you serve out your term and then you move on to greener pastures, personally I think democracy is overrated. In all cases you get to form a council, a cabinet a; whatever you want to call it to run your little slice of heaven.
As all governments at this point you should have an option for laws, politics and taxes. Legalize prostitution and drugs make criticizing the beloved leader punishable by death. Well at least that is what I would do.

Combat

Not much to say in this regard EXCEPT for the fact that fighters in the future are still manned. By all accounts a UAV would be faster, more maneuverable more sturdy and cheaper than a manned fighter. All that is true today. I would prefer a carrier system, you have a big ship and a squadron command on that ship, where NPC you hired command your UAV fighters and/or bombers, besides that there is not much I would like to add.

Death

Stealing is bad but learning is good, so in that spirit I suggest you learn from Star Citizen. What was their idea, you die someone inherits a part of your coin and property and you move one.

How would this work. Say you get to be Emperor Bill Gates the 3rd of the Microsoft Empire. One day a rebellious princes and some guy she met in a bar ambushes you and your capital ships. They seem as though they stand no chance but they have an old man and a droid and this manages to turn the tide in their favor (somehow I’m not sure on the details), and then they destroy your ship and kill you. Your great, great …. Great cousin inherits some property and coin, taxes lads, taxes that is why they can’t inherit all of your property and coin, not the throne though, since a black guy that has trouble breathing won’t allow an inexperienced little shit to be an emperor. You go and pay your respect to your dead self and now take the mantle of the great, great,… great cousin. And continue your journey through the universe who still bares the mark of your late relative, since he’s empire though diminished is still in existence and under new management. Long live emperor Steve Jobs of the Apple Empire.

Well those were my suggestions hope you like them. Please let me know what you think.

Before I end this I would like to ask the developer to introduce Gas Giants, I mean they are the most significant sort of bodies within any solar system besides the star or stars of that system, they should also be a big part of Limit Theory. And avatars, please give us avatars.
Re: Planets, Government, combat and death.

thedamngod wrote:I am goddamn tired, so I will keep this short and leave the other questions for more educated theorists :?

So,
Gas giants are a YES.
Avatars are a NO. (at least physical ones -> FAQ)

Welcome anyways :wave: :D
I'm tired so this was pretty much all I was going to say as well except to link the OP to Sheoth's brilliant suggestion which is vaguely similar to the way Star Citizen does it, I think.

Welcome, Hadrianus.

thedamngod wrote:I am goddamn tired, so I will keep this short and leave the other questions for more educated theorists :?

So,
Gas giants are a YES.
Avatars are a NO. (at least physical ones -> FAQ)

Welcome anyways :wave: :D

I meant Avatars as in a DAO left corner of the screen Avatar, a portrait of yourself; not a physical person with which you could walk around.

Welcome!

I enjoyed reading your suggestions, especially the Rebellion part, felt exactly like Lucas' handywork!

I like the different aproaches to widen your empire!

with democracy, I can see it happening, because NPC's are going to be already being able to have ranks assigned, with which they have different kognitive abilities as well as degrees of freedom within their "thinking" and decision making/ individualism.
So I wouldn't be surprised if you can assign (if not in physical ingame form, on a piece of hologram) NPC's to an senator, priness, Jedi-council member role. As well as give them some form of outline in which to steer your empire.

With your combat, I do enjoy the envisioned Andromeda (Gene Roddenberrys) style drone/ fighter control, might be an interesting new perk for a sub-capital ship, which is just a drone-carrier with a different drone fighting skill set, correlating to the crew's flying (dogfighting) ability!

Komurin wrote:Welcome!

I enjoyed reading your suggestions, especially the Rebellion part, felt exactly like Lucas' handywork!

I like the different aproaches to widen your empire!

with democracy, I can see it happening, because NPC's are going to be already being able to have ranks assigned, with which they have different kognitive abilities as well as degrees of freedom within their "thinking" and decision making/ individualism.
So I wouldn't be surprised if you can assign (if not in physical ingame form, on a piece of hologram) NPC's to an senator, priness, Jedi-council member role. As well as give them some form of outline in which to steer your empire.

With your combat, I do enjoy the envisioned Andromeda (Gene Roddenberrys) style drone/ fighter control, might be an interesting new perk for a sub-capital ship, which is just a drone-carrier with a different drone fighting skill set, correlating to the crew's flying (dogfighting) ability!
Thank you!!

Obviously even if nothing of what I said would be implemented I’m still going to try the game out.
As for the drone part, I got that idea from reading an article about the F 35, it costs about 200 mil USD per plane, if the same technology would be used to make a UAV version of it its cost would be reduced to about 25 mil Dollar, simply because it no longer has to carry a pilot and keep a pilot alive. Not only that it would be cheaper but it would also be more maneuverable, since today the plane’s maneuverability is limited by the amount of G force a pilot can withstand.
The only down side would be that a UAV can be hacked, but even in such a situation you only lose 25 mil instead of 200 and you do not lose a pilot.

Unfortunately to date reality is not a politician’s strong point.

Online Now