Return to “Announcements”

Development Update #13: January 2014

Boom. Let's talk about the HUD :) January went pretty darn well!

KS : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... sts/734953
YT : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBf1odVtlWk

PS ~ Interesting and intense story behind this one. It took way longer than usual for YT to process the 1080p version, and in fact, when I released the video, I was very upset, because I thought I was releasing only the 720p version (which looks considerably worse, especially for the crisp HUD!) Then, when it dropped, I was informed that it was actually in 1080p!! Sure enough, I refreshed and there it was!!! :clap:

So YouTube really trolled me hard...it only finished processing 1080p at the very instant that I made the video public. Wow. That was suspenseful. Now enjoy that HD crispness ;)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Development Update #13: January 2014

Great update!

The HUD looks beautiful, scanner system seems interesting, I hope we'll be able to choose wich kind of signature we want to track of course :D and maybe increase the rotationnal speed of the scanner? seems a little slow for efficient scanning maybe ... Well, we'll see when it's ready for testing!

Anyway happy to see this video .... in 1080p ;)
Last edited by Groufac on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted this in the anticipation thread:
Yes, I'm excited to get fancier with signals and emissions :) In the future we will see different classes of signatures (e.g. being able to filter on radioactive, crystalline, metallic, etc.) and also different types of periodic waveforms for signals (not just a constant emission, but different objects having different emissive waveforms).

Groufac wrote:Great update!

The HUD looks beatiful, scanner system seems interesting, I hope we'll be able to choose wich kind of signature we want to track of course :D and maybe increase the rotationnal speed of the scanner? seems a little slow for efficient scanning maybe ... Well, we'll see when it's ready for testing!

Anyway happy to see this video .... in 1080 p ;)
I assume we'll be able to research and/or upgrade our scanners, precisely so we can things like faster speeds and stuff.

CommanderDJ wrote:
Groufac wrote:Great update!

The HUD looks beatiful, scanner system seems interesting, I hope we'll be able to choose wich kind of signature we want to track of course :D and maybe increase the rotationnal speed of the scanner? seems a little slow for efficient scanning maybe ... Well, we'll see when it's ready for testing!

Anyway happy to see this video .... in 1080 p ;)
I assume we'll be able to research and/or upgrade our scanners, precisely so we can things like faster speeds and stuff.
Absolutely, and research scanners that are better are detecting particular signals (so you can research, for example, "prospecting scanners" vs. "fleet scanners")

Online Now