Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Update #10: October 2013

I've said it in the Kickstarter comments, I'll say it again. Beautiful data editor...it's something even *I* can dabble in. So beautiful in looks and also in implementation. You've outdone yourself, Josh. Truly amazing. :clap:

Still not too glad about planet sizes but at least it's moddable, and the tech tree is amazing...so you're forgiven. :D

Any chance we can have the tech tree looking like the data editor too, with it's multitude of layouts and the way it displays research? Now I want it all over the place! :P
In Josh we trust.

TanC wrote:I've said it in the Kickstarter comments, I'll say it again. Beautiful data editor...it's something even *I* can dabble in. So beautiful in looks and also in implementation. You've outdone yourself, Josh. Truly amazing. :clap:

Still not too glad about planet sizes but at least it's moddable, and the tech tree is amazing...so you're forgiven. :D

Any chance we can have the tech tree looking like the data editor too, with it's multitude of layouts and the way it displays research? Now I want it all over the place! :P
Thanks!!!

Sure, in the end I'll probably switch the tech tree to the same graph system as the data editor for the sake of consistency.

Don't worry, the scales will be one of the easiest things to mod :) Personally I'm not comfortable going any bigger - I like that tractable scale :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

As they always seem to, Josh, your latest update has floored me. From the beautiful planets to the bloom effect (which I for one love and find atmospheric in a way that, yes, does bring to my Skyrim in all the best ways) to the data tree (how the heck you got a data tree to look so stunning in its own right is beyond my ken!), everything was outstanding. But the best part of it, the thing that really made my jaw drop, and I'm talking literally dropped, was the tech tree. A procedural tech tree?!!!!! I do believe that has to be a first in gaming, at least that I know of. Wow. That is a piece of true artistry, sir. :clap:

Online Now