Return to “Suggestions”

Rebellion

I did a quick search and this didn't come up, so here goes: Will there be a way for large corporations or organisations to have civil wars, power struggles, or internal schisms, leading to rebellion? I think this is important to not only the realism and depth of the game but also as a matter of balance- power struggles are the main things that cause Empires to fall and disintegrate in real life, and without this I think we'd be missing a big part of the potential political maneuvering in LT.

Knowing about the worker-executive system, this would require some way for workers to become executives or to act independently, or require multiple executives in a company at certain sizes, and they would have to act independantly. Would this be on all the time, drastically increasing the amount of working executives in a system, or would they simply be created from workers when specific conditions were met?

TL;DR I want civil wars and power struggles to be a thing.
Re: Rebellion

Rebellions don't happen for no reason - people don't wake up one day and realise "You know what? Ima grab me a Molotov and cause some chaos"...
But I do agree there needs to be a way to limit the size of your intergalactic empire, probably more so by making it more difficult to expand the more you try to expand by having the occasional breakaway republic form (similar to partisan units in the Surpreme Ruler series) suddenly start taking chunks of your unguarded territories, which can be combated by stationing fleets in unguarded territories in a form of futuristic gunboat diplomacy.

However, it should tie into a bigger in game system of internal politics that is fully optional for the player, but brings bonuses to those who participate.
That disscusion can be found here, and does tie in to what you were saying in your OP.
Lurker Mode: DEACTIVATED
The most intriguing fact about imagination is that its all in your head.

Online Now