Return to “Suggestions”

Why Limit Theory needs multiplayer

I just found this game, and am binge watching the YT vids now, but I was disappointed to know that the game is singleplayer. I mean c'mon, its 2014! Elite and SC have it. If this is too time consuming, I guess the dev could hire someone to add multiplayer to the game. I mean, I don't understand the point of playing a game that's singleplayer. Most of the games on my PS3 (and PS4! so excited, just bought one yesterday!) have multiplayer, even Assassin's Creed. I just watched the latest video on YT and you guys can't really deny that this game will be so cool in multiplayer.
COD Haters not welcome. :P
Re: Why Limit Theory needs multiplayer

Welcome to the forums!

I'm fine with LT being single player only. Most people here are. Creating a multi player game is a very different kind of beast.
Luckily for you there are other games coming up that do include multiplayer, so you won't be bored!
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

At this point in development, it really is to late to put in multiplayer without making it feel like a hack job. Josh I am positive could do it, but he would have to gut the game and start back over again, and he is already putting more time into it than he originally planned. Also, I don't think Josh would let anybody touch his baby this far in development if he can help it, I know I wouldn't.

It appears modding will be well supported. I believe the best answer is to let the modders hack in multiplayer after the fact.

You may not realize this, but... multiplayer is hard. Very hard. Competant multiplayer can take as long to make as a single-player campaign. Latancy guards, prediction, desync, shared state, bandwidth limits... these are difficult, fucking difficult to solve. People have solved them, and answers are out there, but implementing it is still a nightmare. It's one of the most complicated and difficult applications of networking that exist.

Would I like to see a form of multiplayer at some point? Sure. Do I want to wait for it? No.

C'mon guys, how did you not take the bait! You guys are too polite to be any fun. So you see a COD fanboy and console lover bitching about Multiplayer in a game he just heard about and this is how you respond? Boo. Probably should've made the post more inflammatory.

Meh, Vartul here. As you can tell, I was bored. No Josh, no devlogs, dead forums and irc, can you really blame me? :shifty:
COD Haters not welcome. :P

VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:C'mon guys, how did you not take the bait! You guys are too polite to be any fun. So you see a COD fanboy and console lover bitching about Multiplayer in a game he just heard about and this is how you respond? Boo. Probably should've made the post more inflammatory.

Meh, Vartul here. As you can tell, I was bored. No Josh, no devlogs, dead forums and irc, can you really blame me? :shifty:
Will you be happy if I say STFU AND GTFO FAG? or is politely playing into your trap still too polite?
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:C'mon guys, how did you not take the bait! You guys are too polite to be any fun. So you see a COD fanboy and console lover bitching about Multiplayer in a game he just heard about and this is how you respond? Boo. Probably should've made the post more inflammatory.

Will you be happy if I say STFU AND GTFO FAG? or is politely playing into your trap still too polite?
Dude, quit playing on the forums and get to work on the pareidolic faces. Since Josh isn't working, we need someone to, and I'd rather it be you than me. :lol:

And now, you have to screw with the newbies by cutting of your other account's post and finishing it with this account. :D
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:I just found this game, and am binge watching the YT vids now, but I was disappointed to know that the game is singleplayer. I mean c'mon, its 2014! Elite and SC have it.
I have a solution for you: play Elite and/or Star Citizen instead. How about that? :D

Being 2014 and all, I almost never play multiplayer games. I have played Arena Commander multiplayer modes (Star Citizen space combat demo) and didn't like it. I prefer singleplayer any day. I hope the full game can eventually show me that something like good multplayer games can actually exist at all.
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:If this is too time consuming, I guess the dev could hire someone to add multiplayer to the game.
Yes. And he could hire someone to make the full game instead, single and multiplayer both, so he can go on vacation permanently. :thumbup:

But that's not the point, right? He wants to create the game himself. And he chose to make it singleplayer, which I applaud. :clap:
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:I mean, I don't understand the point of playing a game that's singleplayer. Most of the games on my PS3 (and PS4! so excited, just bought one yesterday!) have multiplayer, even Assassin's Creed.
Well, I can't understand the point of playing sport games, but a lot of people seems to like it, so who am I to go to a "put any random sport game here" forum and tell everyone that they should stop making sport games and create stealth games instead or whatever? :monkey:
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:I just watched the latest video on YT and you guys can't really deny that this game will be so cool in multiplayer.
Actually, I can deny it, but I don't see the point.

Welcome to the forums! You will have a wonderfull time here, as everybody else, if we can rescue you from the hands of evil. :wave:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:I just found this game, and am binge watching the YT vids now, but I was disappointed to know that the game is singleplayer. I mean c'mon, its 2014! Elite and SC have it.
I have a solution for you: play Elite and/or Star Citizen instead. How about that? :D

Being 2014 and all, I almost never play multiplayer games. I have played Arena Commander multiplayer modes (Star Citizen space combat demo) and didn't like it. I prefer singleplayer any day. I hope the full game can eventually show me that something like good multplayer games can actually exist at all.
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:If this is too time consuming, I guess the dev could hire someone to add multiplayer to the game.
Yes. And he could hire someone to make the full game instead, single and multiplayer both, so he can go on vacation permanently. :thumbup:

But that's not the point, right? He wants to create the game himself. And he chose to make it singleplayer, which I applaud. :clap:
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:I mean, I don't understand the point of playing a game that's singleplayer. Most of the games on my PS3 (and PS4! so excited, just bought one yesterday!) have multiplayer, even Assassin's Creed.
Well, I can't understand the point of playing sport games, but a lot of people seems to like it, so who am I to go to a "put any random sport game here" forum and tell everyone that they should stop making sport games and create stealth games instead or whatever? :monkey:
VorpalTunnelSyndrome wrote:I just watched the latest video on YT and you guys can't really deny that this game will be so cool in multiplayer.
Actually, I can deny it, but I don't see the point.

Welcome to the forums! You will have a wonderfull time here, as everybody else, if we can rescue you from the hands of evil. :wave:
Umm, is Etsu just fulfilling my wish for an acidic response or did he actually not go through the other posts? :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He's playing the long game. You know, the psychological one. The one with all the misdirection and false positives. Welcome to the twilight zone Vorpal Tunnel.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Talvieno wrote:Lol, Vartul. :P We really are too polite to have any fun with, though... but I imagine that could change in the blink of an eye if someone was to pop in and attack Josh in a lengthy rant. I know a lot of us would leap to his defense - myself included.
Hmm... Let me think, would I leap to Mr Parnell's defense if he were attacked by anyone who was brave or stupid enough to consider such an action? He is more than capable of defending himself, as witnessed many moons ago on the Matrix Games forums. He even indicated he enjoyed the experience. It's unlikely he would react irrationally as he doesn't offend easily. I would probably sit back comfortably and observe Josh demolishing such a rant in a similar way a top surgeon would perform a complex operating procedure. It would be most interesting to observe. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:He is more than capable of defending himself, as witnessed many moons ago on the Matrix Games forums. He even indicated he enjoyed the experience.
I can imagine why... Being surrounded with yes-men doesn't motivate you to become better. I like to criticise and play devil's advocate just because of this. Even if I don't necessarily believe the point I'm defending.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now