Return to “Suggestions”

Boarding and Salvage Operations.

If you’re anything like me then no woman has ever managed to satisfy you as well as an exploding capital ship. Lately that is the only thing that pops into my mind.

Though exploding capital ships are a lot of fun it is not necessarily the best or wisest course of action to destroy such an expensive ship, unless you happen to be so big that resources are no longer a problem to you.

My question is, would it not be better if you could board large dreadnought type ships and take them for your own. I mean to say that perhaps the game should have a boarding mechanic. Obviously if all you have is a fighter and your “fleet” consists of another fighter and a mining frigate, your chances of successfully boarding and taking over a dreadnought are about equal to my chances of coming home tonight and finding Angelina Jolie in my bed wearing nothing but whip cream.

BUT if you have a dreadnought the best thing you could get is another dreadnought.

Now of course that for a boarding action to be successful you would need to have some sort of superiority in numbers or technology. Perhaps your dreadnought could “duel” the enemy dreadnought whilst a small fleet of boarding craft simultaneously launch to take over the enemy ship.

Besides the obvious boarding actions, what if say a dreadnought was knocked out of order during combat, NOT Destroyed, and after the battle was fought and won, then you could salvage it. Salvaging and repairing a dreadnought would be in itself an expensive operation but its cost would not compare to building one.

Waiting to hear everybody else’s thoughts on this.
Re: Boarding and Salvage Operations.

McDuff wrote:I'm not sure boarding is that small a step, since it requires some way of modelling the interior as a physical space - even if it's a simplified one - rather than just assigning crew to roles.
Something that idea we discussed in IRC could also help resolve, but I don't thing you necessarily have to model the interior of ships at all for a minimal implementation of a boarding mechanic.
Last edited by ThymineC on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now