Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Combat Drones & Why I Oppose them for Limit Theory

:lol:

OK, I see where you're going now. They "could" park a fighter or 2 in the garage and fly out in those (I mean, if you got the 50-man shuttle in,
for sure the fighter(s) will fit), but for combat the VR-controlled large drones thing just makes more sense for bringing more and more expendable power to the table.

So, the player could still sally out in a smaller craft if (s)he's so inclined. Yes?
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Baile nam Fonn wrote::lol:

OK, I see where you're going now. They "could" park a fighter or 2 in the garage and fly out in those (I mean, if you got the 50-man shuttle in,
for sure the fighter(s) will fit), but for combat the VR-controlled large drones thing just makes more sense for bringing more and more expendable power to the table.

So, the player could still sally out in a smaller craft if (s)he's so inclined. Yes?
I'm still confused. Are we saying fighters can but shouldn't be brought out in combat and used for what I'm pretty sure might be considered their intended purpose (i.e. to fight)?

I think this is something that needs a design descision (yay or nay) before something like drones are implemented.

It's pretty obvious that this is a very hot topic for many different people (as evidenced by a thread that states an opinion and opponents of said opinion turn the thread into a 'how it should work' thread).

Personally, I want to see Josh's thoughts on whether or not they'll be included first before making anymore statements regarding drones and their ilk.
ThymineC wrote:Image
I think that'd make a great new avatar for you Thymine. :roll:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now