Return to “Suggestions”

What should be included in limit theory.

Sorry for another same topic.Im new here n i didnt read every thing in forums. my suggestions are;

[b]1.Custom races for players.
2.We should create our Alien council."no game ever included this".
3.the council should have a meeting space station or a planet .
4.you should add time system for researches.
5.population growth system.
6.and lots of customization for players.
well thats it there were more but for now that will do.
[/b]
Re: What should be included in limit theory.

I'm in a bit of a bind here, guys. I know you expect me to eat the guy for not reading the FAQ.

*sniffs at new guy*

Unfortunately, I've just eaten. So I'll just dissect the post.
1.Custom races for players.

And what exactly would that do? Right now, pretty much everything from ship shapes to tech trees is randomized, and there are no defined "races", only factions. Could you elaborate?

2.We should create our Alien council."no game ever included this".

The council you're required to convince for the diplomatic victory in just about every other 4X Game would like to disagree on that. The problem here is that the galaxy in LT is pretty much infinite. Getting every faction on some sort of round table would soon get messy.

3.the council should have a meeting space station or a planet .

Okay, that would help sort out the mess from 2.; we could simply blow them up every once in a while to keep the faction overview tidy. Then again: What is this Council supposed to do, and why do they need a physical representation in-game? Not that I'd complain, they'd make a lovely target.

4.you should add time system for researches.

As opposed to the resource/facility based system we have right now? Elaborate, please. Not just buzzwords...

5.population growth system.

And again...elaborate. Which populations? The number of ships in-game? An abstract population resource for planets?

6.and lots of customization for players.
well thats it there were more but for now that will do.
We've got a ship and station designer planned, you can mold your own faction, research your own gear and throw together your very own fleet of galactic proportions. What else do you want?

And, since you seem to have missed it...

>>> THE EFFIN' FAQ <<<

Please read it. And here, take this complementary bottle of teriyaki sauce to rub yourself down with in case the folks here insist on me eating you.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

bgroxs wrote:What should be included in limit theory.
Capital letters. :lol:

Seriously, I don't like the idea of ​​alien races, at least not humanoid and playable, but I think it has been discussed before and could be very possible that we have them in the final game.

What I want in the game is at least a view from the cockpit, generic and common to all ships. I know it's not the most elegant, but at least if there is one or a few available could be an interesting option, and after determining their functionality modders could add new ones over time.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:

Seriously, I don't like the idea of ​​alien races, at least not humanoid and playable, but I think it has been discussed before and could be very possible that we have them in the final game.
I don't know if there even will be a way to differentiate the race of a given actor in-game. You'll see their name and their faction name, but I think race becomes just another arbitrary modifier when you don't actually see any player models. There probably won't even be any race distinction, given that.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

1.Why would i read the FAQ...its always long n boring. :lol:
2.i dont want me to play as human always.its boring.
3.well in factions we know they exists but what are they,what they look like.
4.well if the council is present in a planet or station that dosent mean they are the target.They are advance races and of course theyll have fire power.Its not easy to kill them.eg...if usa,uk,russia are allies whos gona touch them.....no one.... n players will try to recruit advanced Races not
just developing ones.and ya if we are developing race so we are players we have some perks..lolzz....
5.About research and time...eg.if we are researching on lets say shield generators or life pods or stasis chambers or wrap drives or planet buildings it
should have like real time in it,just like star date or light years,dev should make a in game calendar of their own.we want to spend 100s of hours in the game so need more opportunities.
6.Population growth for new colonizing planets,not just go somewhere and colonize,we should go to our homeworld recruit engineers,scientists,civilians,army,and doing this alot will decrease population in homeworld so there should be limit too.
and i just joined this site how i know the game is abt to release.i saw it on youtube and followed.im a docter,im that busy.n dont eat me plez.
and thanks for feed back.

Grumblesaur wrote:
Etsu wrote:

I don't know if there even will be a way to differentiate the race of a given actor in-game. You'll see their name and their faction name, but I think race becomes just another arbitrary modifier when you don't actually see any player models. There probably won't even be any race distinction, given that.
welll atleast we can put our own pics then.

Etsu wrote:

What I want in the game is at least a view from the cockpit, generic and common to all ships. I know it's not the most elegant, but at least if there is one or a few available could be an interesting option, and after determining their functionality modders could add new ones over time.
if you want the view in cockpit then i want the whole ships interior n want free to walk.lolzz

I can understand wanting players to be able to create their own groups or governments but why races? Since everything is being created procedurally I'm not sure if we will see ship designs vary from faction to faction.

What are the advantages of making a new race and how do they relate to game play in LT?

Since we're on the topic.....not of Hardenberg eating people.....kinda has a silence of the lambs feel to it by the way.

Once a player gets to owing whole systems and having to manage them I just wanna see the interior of a decked out capital ship, where I can conduct my interstellar pimpin' IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!?

By the way welcome to the Thunderdome :wave: bgroxs

fatmop wrote:Is anyone else getting the feeling this whole thread is nothing but flamebait and trolling?
Yep, I thought Mangus was going to close the topic after my post.

While I would like my question to be answered I also see that this is quickly becoming a spam topic which should probably be locked by the end of the day.

I would have locked it, but there were some points that actually resonated a little bit with me.

An in-game calendar. If we're really going to be spending many virtual in-game days within the game, something like this might be pretty interesting. It could easily be used for the history generation as well. If Minecraft (Yeah, I know I liken things to that a bit too much) had something like that (where a full day/night cycle is 20 min), it'd be interesting to note what day you started, when you first reached diamond, or when you went to the nether, etc. I think that would add quite a bit.

While I know this isn't a 4x game, the population growth piece kind of stuck with me. Not sure how it could be incorporated, but if we're talking about NPC actors within the game, there might be something more to it.

For now, as long as the thread stays on topic, I'm leaving it be.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now