Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Positronium Minefield

While you try to make the ultimate killing field, I take it upon myself to create countermeasures that I may yet survive while you improve (never perfect) it.

My question is: What would keep someone from scattering clouds of reflective or materials or prisms into suspected minefields to either detect or disrupt communication between the mines?

I don't much about physics, but a cloud of mirrors or prisms would probably light up if it passed through even one of your beams.

Maybe the mines are too far apart, or such materials would take up too much space/mass to be practical, but you'd only need to find one or two beams for it to be effective. I'm sure one of you will find the flaw in my amateur reasoning, but I just want to know if such countermeasures are plausible.
We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.
Re: Positronium Minefield

Jazehiah wrote:While you try to make the ultimate killing field, I take it upon myself to create countermeasures that I may yet survive while you improve (never perfect) it.

My question is: What would keep someone from scattering clouds of reflective or materials or prisms into suspected minefields to either detect or disrupt communication between the mines?

I don't much about physics, but a cloud of mirrors or prisms would probably light up if it passed through even one of your beams.

Maybe the mines are too far apart, or such materials would take up too much space/mass to be practical, but you'd only need to find one or two beams for it to be effective. I'm sure one of you will find the flaw in my amateur reasoning, but I just want to know if such countermeasures are plausible.
I suggest to expand this idea by placing so much reflecting material in the minefield that it collapses into a black hole. It remains to be seen whether that facilitates the passage.
Gazz wrote:If it makes a good feature, plausibility can be bent to fit. =P
I agree completly :mrgreen:

Online Now