Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Lindsey] Friday, November 10, 2017

FormalMoss wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:43 pm
You had to say it.. you just had to say it!!!
That trailer was brilliantly done. :D
I love it, and can't wait for the thing to release. Deadpool is best superhero. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Hyperion wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:45 pm
Thanks for the update, can't wait to see it!

As for concepts on station parts, I'd thought about the idea of a "theme" code, where some particular shape or ratio or algorithm is selected at random and applied to an entire species or culture ID or alliance/faction. This wouldn't force their ships to be identical, but they would all share the same theme, which would hopefully make them instantly recognizable. But maybe there's a better way too.

I think it's a good idea to just get a fair variety of patterns and make sure they are reasonably coherent, because I suspect that models and station designs will be something that will be worked on and improved upon for a very long time. :thumbup:
I had the same kind of idea for my faction shipyards post in suggestions - the faction would be presented with a list of random designs, colors, themes and so on. They would pick one, and that would make all of their ships from thereon be instantly recognizable as belonging to that faction, yet not all identical either.
Devoted to providing LT with daily doses of eureka moments.

No worries, it won't be long. :) I actually talked to Lindsey just earlier today, and she says that Josh and the team are still working really hard. I don't think we'll see a devlog today, but we should see one either this weekend or (at the very latest) on Monday. I'm going to do my very best to make sure they don't let it slip any farther than that.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:08 pm
No worries, it won't be long. :) I actually talked to Lindsey just earlier today, and she says that Josh and the team are still working really hard. I don't think we'll see a devlog today, but we should see one either this weekend or (at the very latest) on Monday. I'm going to do my very best to make sure they don't let it slip any farther than that.
Specifically, you won't see a devlog from Josh today, but I'm writing one as we speak ^^
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Online Now