Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Lindsey] Friday, October 27, 2017

Yay! :3

you gave an inch, so i'll ask for a lightyear, a buzz lightyear! because look at dat pretties potential if we can have stellations
Spoiler:      SHOW
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm
you gave an inch, so i'll ask for a lightyear, a buzz lightyear! because look at dat pretties potential if we can have stellations
DAMMIT HYPERION I STARTED WORKING ON THESE BEFORE I SAW THIS POST!!! lolololol

I'll post pics of stellations L8R today :p

Also stellations can apply to any mesh ;000
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Welp, my stellation function can be applied multiple times, and with negative input, aaaaaaaaand

https://imgur.com/a/Jf0Fd

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Der_Foe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 pm
BFett wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:46 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:29 pm

quoted for agreement
I third this motion!
It's Quotruples :D
QUINTUPLE agree! Josh indeed fixed this just now, and y'all'll see LOTS of shinies next devlog. :3

Hyperion wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:30 pm
Dayum gurl, you got some fine shapes there! :lol: ;)

If this is what you've done in a week, I'm seriously optimistic.
Writing the primitive shapes (torii, icosahedron) and the stellation function all took about a day or two worth of work total. Most of my week is consumed by the behind-the-scenes stuff that holds it all together: storing tris, making joints, archiecture of the systems, etc. Plus all the other shapes & warps & stuff. I'm glad you're excited, I am too :)

- Stephen Sondheim

Online Now