Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:51 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:00 pm
"Huh, not that I can see."
"Maybe they were left behind by the crew when...whatever it is happened here caused them to disappear."
((Shame we don't have a conspiracy theorist character. Would have had a lot of fun with this.))

"We shall find out soon enough! Unless anyone has any objections, I will continue lead us forward.
Our destination has already been discussed. Please keep the collateral damage to a minimum.
We can't afford to break anything, as we might lose valuable information by doing so.
Besides, you're all part of my group now, and I always expect the very best of my team!"

Those in the rear are to keep watch behind us.
We're unlikely to walk into an ambush when I'm here, but you can't be careful.
All are to inform the group if enemy activity is detected.
If the threat is imminent, or immediate, we'll stop until it's dealt with.
Now let's go! "

Cautiously move to the computer room.
As I move, switch from my assault rifle to my pistol.

If at any time I detect an enemy presence, hold up a hand to stop the group, get into cover, and quietly relay the information to the rest of the group.

Once we reach the computer room, cautiously move about to ensure that the room is clear of hostiles.
If I encounter hostile forces while searching the room, shoot them in the face and get into cover.

Once I can say with reasonable certainty that the room has been cleared of hostiles,
position myself out of immediate view of the doorways and guard an unguarded doorway.

Spoiler:      SHOW
(("We can't afford to break anything, as we might lose valuable information by doing so.
Besides, you're all part of my group now, and I always expect the very best of my team!"
Which is why he sought out the guy with the grav gun and a nuke.))
Breaker of fortune cookies

((Just going to assume at this point that nobody else is going to post))
Saoirse sets up the spiderbot to accept new users, and most inmates speak: Caleb, Vynkor, Sukava, Brom, Buck, and of course Saoirse herself as well. Yuuji remains conspicuously silent and thus cannot command little Lucas to do his bidding. After pressing the button again to confirm users, Saoirse orders the spiderbot to follow along

The REKT inmates decide that, before following their lead to the SCAMPS Core, they ought to take a look at the computer lab first, to see if they can hack into any of the cameras for the SCAMPS Core to check for an ambush. This is probably a pretty wise idea, especially when facing an unknown threat.

The computer core turns out to be just down the hall. A couple of the REKT inmates have been here before. It's really just a room full of terminals that hook up directly to the Nemesis's central computer system. Caleb and Brom spread out and search for enemies - or any clues as to what might have happened. They find nothing - no enemies, and no trace of any of the Nemesis crew members.

After the soldier + assassin are sure the coast is clear, the rest of the gang follows. None of the terminals are locked, and even with the Nemesis being in as bad of shape as it is, many of them are quite functional. Saoirse and Buck move over to one of the nearest functional ones and open up a new session, with Buck intending to look into the ship's security systems, to see if he can find some working cameras in the SCAMPS core. The security systems (especially for places like the SCAMPS Core, which is normally off-limits) is behind a clearance wall which Buck doesn't have the clearance for... so naturally, he does the logical thing and tries to hack it.

((Buck's roll was a nat 1.))

After five minutes of intense hacking, Buck shrugs and steps away from the console. He just can't get into the ship's security systems - they're too well-protected. On the plus side, that means that no one else is watching them wander around the ship... hopefully, at least.

Saoirse, on the other hand, is mostly looking for camera data for places that aren't secured behind security clearance levels - specifically data from the ship's external cameras. These aren't hard to access and, while a bit finicky to control at times (some of them seem to have busted or damaged motors, for instance), they paint a nice picture of the outside of the ship. The Nemesis looks almost abandoned at the docks - no one is going in or out. There's not anyone in the process of boarding or de-boarding at the moment. Over to the Nemesis's left, on the port side of the ship, the Hy'sak Viscari sits abuzz with activity - cleaning crews, maintenance drones, and other things tidying up and prepping the ship for... well, whatever it needs to be prepped for. Saoirse is no expert there, and the ship looks capable enough already.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hema wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 pm
"What have you got for us, Bill? Nothing but good news I'm sure.
Have your hacking attempts revealed the surprises in store for us?"
"Uh, yeah, 'bout that. Somethin's dun' turned the system's, uh, anti-hackin' protocol X-Zay three o' two five on. Its way too complicated to explain, but the gist is that no soul ain't comin' in there 'til the timer runs out, n' who knows how long that is. Good thing you had a professional like me doin' this, someone shittier wouldn't have seen it n' would've turned lockdown mode on!"

Shrug

"Welp, we're shit outta luck on that front."

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:27 pm
Hema wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 pm
"What have you got for us, Bill? Nothing but good news I'm sure.
Have your hacking attempts revealed the surprises in store for us?"
"Uh, yeah, 'bout that. Somethin's dun' turned the system's, uh, anti-hackin' protocol X-Zay three o' two five on. Its way too complicated to explain, but the gist is that no soul ain't comin' in there 'til the timer runs out, n' who knows how long that is. Good thing you had a professional like me doin' this, someone shittier wouldn't have seen it n' would've turned lockdown mode on!"

Shrug

"Welp, we're shit outta luck on that front."
"This is most unfortunate. Someone must have expected me!
No matter, we must continue onward ever onward!
I would recommend we investigate the SCAMPS core. Does anyone have any other destinations in mind?"

Saoirse quickly tries to recall the data from the past six hours, but finds something "interesting". She's able to find data of the inmates (including Bob, Ishmael, and Frank) leaving the Nemesis via taxi (and other methods), but shortly after that, the video feed completely cuts out, only picking up a few hours later - not too long before they re-boarded the ship. She checks everything - sensor logs, timetables, electricity counters - but it's as if the Nemesis experienced a ship-wide blackout for the duration of that time, and there's no data available at all.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"...huh. T-there is no data. Divil the bit. Everthin cuts off after w-we left, an st-starts again just a b-bit ago. N-not just the c-cameras outside, l-logs, t-timetables, el-lectricity...anythin I c-can access."
This is puzzling, but we're not gonna find any more answers here.
"Now then, SC-SCAMPS Core?"

If the group agrees, I head with the others towards the SCAMPS core, walking right in front of Caleb with my staff spinning as cover, just in case. If we encounter anything fishy (as in potentially dangerous) I get to cover, staying in front of other people while they do the same to cover them with my staff.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 am
"...huh. T-there is no data. Divil the bit. Everthin cuts off after w-we left, an st-starts again just a b-bit ago. N-not just the c-cameras outside, l-logs, t-timetables, el-lectricity...anythin I c-can access."

What the hell? That can't be right...what happened here?

"...I don't like this at all. To the SCAMPS Core, but be careful. None of this is adding up."

I head to the SCAMPS Core, just behind Saoirse's shield. If an enemy appears, I get us both to the nearest cover. Once we reach the SCAMPS Core, I look around the room for anything suspicious. If I find something, I relay it to the platoon, otherwise, I take up a guard position by the door again.

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 am
This is puzzling, but we're not gonna find any more answers here.

If the group agrees, I head with the others towards the SCAMPS core, walking right in front of Caleb with my staff spinning as cover, just in case. If we encounter anything fishy (as in potentially dangerous) I get to cover, staying in front of other people while they do the same to cover them with my staff.
"Maybe they dun' wanted no one to know what happened? Why not delete everythin' then, though?"

Try and check the metadata at the end of the video feed and determine if it was stopped intentionally, or by some kind of error

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm
Try and check the metadata at the end of the video feed and determine if it was stopped intentionally, or by some kind of error
It's a sudden break with an error code: "Event ID 41: The system rebooted without cleanly shutting down first." Either somebody pulled the plug, or something went very wrong.

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:20 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm
It's a sudden break with an error code: "Event ID 41: The system rebooted without cleanly shutting down first." Either somebody pulled the plug, or something went very wrong.
Somewhat puzzled:

"Huh... Well, that ain't tellin' much. Somethin' caused the system to restart in a bad way, nothin' beyond that, though."

Rub my chin contemplatively, then say:

"Well, that Scams' computer core thing it is then, I guess?"

Go to the core with the rest of the squad, near the middle of the formation. Keep my eyes peeled more keenly than normal

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm
Rub my chin contemplatively, then say:

"Well, that Scams' computer core thing it is then, I guess?"
"Yes indeed, that seems to be the best course of action.
You all know the drill by now of course. Let the group know if you see anything out of the ordinary!"

Cautiously move to the SCAMPS core. If attacked, get into cover.
If I detect unidentified movement of any kind at any time, motion for the others to hide, and get into cover.

Once I reach the SCAMPS core, move about the room with my pistol drawn, and look for potential hostiles.
If I encounter crew members, don't shoot them.
If I find hostile alien forces (as in not from the ship, and actively trying to hurt me), shoot them in the face and get into cover.

Online Now