Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:07 am
"Well, for a first we won't go out there again until the explosions, screams and "stop resisting!" yells die down.
Our two genius colleagues were working on securing us a proper job with the guy who left the bar just ahead of us, some Squigg guy. As he's left now we could check on Killshot and *snort* Terminator and see how much they fucked it up?"
"That's reasonable. However, we've also been granted knowledge of that...weed...shipment, out there. I wonder if there is a way for us to use it to our advantage."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 am
"That's reasonable. However, we've also been granted knowledge of that...weed...shipment, out there. I wonder if there is a way for us to use it to our advantage."
"well, we maybe can gain some favours with the peacekeepers if we tell them what we know, although they'd just mess us up as well. The stuff itself probably would get us more troubles than its worth"

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:03 pm
"well, we maybe can gain some favours with the peacekeepers if we tell them what we know, although they'd just mess us up as well. The stuff itself probably would get us more troubles than its worth"
"Quite so. The pull of a hidden treasure is hard to resist, though. But aye, let us see what Buck and Broom got themselves into."

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:51 am
"Welcome to my home," he translates. "My niece says she found you in the northside warehouse district - a dangerous place to be, especially in your shoes. You are part of the crew of the Tartarus ship that crashed on our planet Nanyej, no? I'm sure you have questions... and I do as well."
We're not dead, hunted or bound. Yet. Progress? Better not judge that early.

After glancing at his teammates again, Frank nervously bows to the gang boss and Almina.

Politeness and honesty for the introduction should let them start on a positive note. Though sometimes it was said that they'd react positive to banter...which Frank felt was not something he could manage...

"We are grateful that you receive us like this."

Frank glances up, trying to gauge the initial reaction to them while Caleb handles introductions.

"Our ship, the " Nemesis" lifted off the planets surface not long ago after the crash. We- don't know much about the crash itself. We..."
He gestures hesitantly at Saoirse and Caleb.
"were...put under...at the time it happened and only woke up during the last hours before...leaving the planet."

"For our presence on this station. The ship is docked for resupplying and repairs. We were tasked with looking for potential job offers so more repairs could be enabled. We did not have enough information to properly judge the mood on the station and got into an argument...which lead to us meeting your niece in said warehouse."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Well, the tone here isn't quite as nice as I would like...but it's a lot better than I feared. And I find myself somewhat surprised by Big Daneelo's appearance- I figure that he is likely not Almina's biological uncle, unless the hiltorel are a bit more...xenophilic than I thought.

Frank quickly takes the lead with introducing us, but he soon pauses, allowing me to speak.

"I'm Caleb, this is Frank, and this is Saoirse," I say, indicating each of my teammates in turn.

Frank then continues outlining our situation, and when he stops I speak up again.

"Frank's right. We knew the situation on-station was...tense, to say the least, but we never had any hard info on what was going on. But you said you had questions as well. We're not exactly high in the hierarchy when it comes to getting information, but we'll try and answer them as best we can. We're hoping we can all help each other, here."

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:12 am
"Vynk if you don't kill it yourself I'll boost up there and turn him into frog salad."
"I liked my plan better," I grumble. Then, to Marina: "I don't know if you've ever met a fysar, but, uh, watch out for the biting."
I pull out my plasma rifle and fire on the fysar until either: the fysar is incapacitated, Marina decides to jump in front of my line of fire, or I've fired three shot-equivalents.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:56 am
Start saying something to Brom, but be interrupted by the commotion outside, then turn around and see Ishmael and Yuuji worriedly entering the bar
Turn to Brom and say annoyedly:

"The hell did they do now? I swear, with squadmates like these, we dun' need enemies to be in danger!"
"No idea, but it doesn't sound good.
Though it pains me to say this, perhaps we should let them tag along.
Noodleboy clearly has little-to-no grasp of the concept of stealth.
Perhaps by working with us, he might learn enough to keep from blowing our cover."
Breaker of fortune cookies

((
General notice to all players:

I've become a bit concerned lately about whether inter-player relationships that exist outside of REKT are having an effect on REKT itself - the story, the characters, and the world. This means in essence that the characters and story are flowing in an unnatural manner - one that damages the story itself and looks aberrant to an outside viewer. To a GM, that's a significant problem, and it can manifest itself in a variety of ways.

If two players let their relationship interfere in the game, one way that can manifest is that Player A might use their unconscious bias towards/against Player B to "read into" what Character B has said, and then "grant" that bias to their character, making it seem as though Character A has jumped to erroneous conclusions. This is metagaming. In more extreme cases, it can lead to Character A "acting out" Player A's feelings towards Player B when Character A interacts with Character B. This is also metagaming. I would have thought we would be past these things by this point, but over the past year there have been incidents that have made me concerned.

Part of the agreement when you "sit down at the table" - my "table" in particular - is that you leave all inter-player relationships, bias, and knowledge at the door. The game world and the real world are meant to be two completely separate entities. If you are not willing to honor the agreement - if, for whatever reason, you would like your inter-player bias to show at the table - you are free to get up and leave at any time. The metaphorical door is right over there.

If you suspect that you may have been part of this metagaming, please come talk to me in PM, either here, on IRC, or on Discord. This also applies to people that I've discussed it with in the near or distant past. It will be worked out, and it wont happen in the future, because the story comes first.
))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hema wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:54 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:56 am
Start saying something to Brom, but be interrupted by the commotion outside, then turn around and see Ishmael and Yuuji worriedly entering the bar
Turn to Brom and say annoyedly:

"The hell did they do now? I swear, with squadmates like these, we dun' need enemies to be in danger!"
"No idea, but it doesn't sound good.
Though it pains me to say this, perhaps we should let them tag along.
Noodleboy clearly has little-to-no grasp of the concept of stealth.
Perhaps by working with us, he might learn enough to keep from blowing our cover."
"I ain't no one's babysitter, but..."

Rub my chin and say contemplatively

"If I'm goin' to have to go on missions with Mr. Noodle, might as well teach him how to be less annoyin'. The other guy, though? He's -"

Notice that the duo are approaching us, scowl a bit

"Here they come now."
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:41 pm
outlander wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 pm
"Quite so. The pull of a hidden treasure is hard to resist, though. But aye, let us see what Buck and Broom got themselves into."
*Nod*

Walks over to Brom and Buck, plonks down back at their table

"Hey Guys, did you manage to scare Squigg away while we almost got killed within earshot of you?"
Incredulously stare at Yuuji for a few seconds, at a loss for words, then say in an animated and angry, but still somewhat subdued voice:

"One question, seriously now - you've some kind o' proof you're on our side? 'Cause right now, we know you for a total o' five minutes, n' you've done nothin' but piss my contact off, piss Conley off, piss ME off, n' apparently piss some alien off outside enough that they want you dead! Like, him?" Gesture at Ishmael "I know that son'a bitch, sadly enough, but you? All I know is that you came waddlin' in with some guy whose name sounds mighty similar to 'Squid' n' caused nothin' but trouble ever since!"

Eye Yuuji suspiciously

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:09 am
Incredulously stare at Yuuji for a few seconds, at a loss for words, then say in an animated and angry, but still somewhat subdued voice:

"One question, seriously now - you've some kind o' proof you're on our side? 'Cause right now, we know you for a total o' five minutes, n' you've done nothin' but piss my contact off, piss Conley off, piss ME off, n' apparently piss some alien off outside enough that they want you dead! Like, him?" Gesture at Ishmael "I know that son'a bitch, sadly enough, but you? All I know is that you came waddlin' in with some guy whose name sounds mighty similar to 'Squid' n' caused nothin' but trouble ever since!"

Eye Yuuji suspiciously
Look at Buck, and sigh. Look back at Yuuji and Ishmael.

"You will have to excuse Bill.
He's still angered over certain previous interactions, and I can't really blame him.
We've had a falling out, but I for one am willing to overlook that to insure the safety of my allies.
While you guys were... Obtaining information about the local thugs, we were able to procure a job thanks to my masterful negotiation skills!"

Quiet down to a whisper.

"Our contact, being the competent fellow that he is, has tasked us with delivering a sum of money to pay off a debt.
This is a precursory task designed to ensure that we can be trusted. Standard procedure for this line of work.
After that, we will be provided a mission that pays hi-plat, thus completing our original goal.
All you two have to do is follow us, and keep an eye out for danger.
In return, we will keep you safe should we encounter any difficulty, which, given my level of experience, is unlikely."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Walk towards the table where ninja-spawn is sitting, but don't come too close. Listen to what he says. Sigh.

Following the ninja-spawn...oh, Lord, why would you subject me to such hardships? But thy will is not to be questioned. Besides, I see the reason of that: with the fighting outside, somebody has to soak up all the damage, and better these clowns than thy humble servant! Yes, quite so; thy wisdom is indeed infinite.

Calmed by such a revelation, sigh again.

"All right, we'll follow you for a bit. With the fighting outside, it is better to stick together regardless of the past grievances."

Use my telepathic amp to try to get a reading on the Mebasha's mind and the Kiikro's mind to understand the situation outside.
If anything useful is glimpsed, relay this information to the group.

Quietly look around for a rear door in case the Hell outside comes into the bar.
IF the fighting comes into the bar, take cover; IF a rear exit is identified, take cover next to it and pull Yuji with me.
IF attacked directly, take cover, zap the enemy with my electric amp, and start charging my CRISP.

Online Now