Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:14 pm
"Heh, I think you meant to ask if you could join me, n' of course, I dun' see no problem with that. You didn't do so bad back on squidworld, 'cept of course that one time you got knocked out by that lil' green thing."
"I of course meant for you to join me, Buck.
But if you'd like to show me what you've learning from my laudable teaching skills, you may lead for a portion of the next mission.
Oh I wasn't really unconscious. I was merely sitting back, to see how you would preform without my expert guidance!
A test, if you will.

Now that we're a team, I say we head to head over to Merc Central.
Considering our (and especially my) skill sets, the work we do there will be as easy for us as it is for me to win the adoration of others!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:36 pm
"Well, I'm glad I'm not with you guys, 'cause you're all fukced."
[IC]Frank[/IC]

Either they'll wing this magnificently with their overblown attitude of mastery and aloofness...or they'll crash, burn and explode in a horrible display of violence from the station as a whole...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:04 am
"Oh right! Good idea! The Vesuvius, that guy said they would be bunked up near the Portside Tanker if we wanted to do business. Any idea where on the station that is, SCAMPS?"
"Though we did kill one of their fighters so I'm not sure how much they like us..."
Hmm, let's think through this description logically. Most people like to avoid inns and hotels when they sleep, so they're probably "bunked up" somewhere horribly uncomfortable. That means the Portside Tanker can't be any kind of eating establishment, because most people find eating comforting - I mean, look at Ishmael over here. They also didn't mention it as though it were a particularly famous landmark to which you could simply ask for directions. Putting two and two together, this clearly means it's not somewhere people regularly frequent. So, somewhere uncomfortable to sleep that people don't regularly frequent? I'd try... out an airlock. You can get a really long nap that way, and as a bonus, the number of inane questions I get asked should drop significantly.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm
I blink, momentarily taken aback by the strange request. "Uh, sure, if I have time I'll try and grab some, I guess."
"Thank you Caleb! I am forever in your debt. Here."

Pass 10 credits to Caleb using my PDA.

Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:48 pm
Suppress a shudder. Get up, offer a hand, and give Ishmael a pleasant smile. "Hello! I'm Marina, so nice to meet you!"
"It is nice to meet you, too. I am not very keen on going with Ninja-spawn (look at Broom with suspicion), so would you mind if I join your little group? I might not particularly like the destination, but I might like the journey."
Last edited by outlander on Sun May 19, 2019 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm
"That would be..." SHOVE YOUR MEATBALLS DOWN YOUR
Glance at Vynkor for negative support, receiving none.
"...lovely. Me and Vynkor are planning on going to the Palace. You can, of course, join us and tag along!" Until I have a chance to end you.
"I see. I would personally prefer the docks, as it's a safer, Noodlier place, with ample opportunities for booty; but we can do many a wondrous deed if we manage to reach the gangs' leaders in the palace. Indeed, sometimes the Noodlier path is not the one that's immediately obvious."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Hema wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:14 pm
"Heh, I think you meant to ask if you could join me, n' of course, I dun' see no problem with that. You didn't do so bad back on squidworld, 'cept of course that one time you got knocked out by that lil' green thing."
"I of course meant for you to join me, Buck.
But if you'd like to show me what you've learning from my laudable teaching skills, you may lead for a portion of the next mission.
Oh I wasn't really unconscious. I was merely sitting back, to see how you would preform without my expert guidance!
A test, if you will.

Now that we're a team, I say we head to head over to Merc Central.
Considering our (and especially my) skill sets, the work we do there will be as easy for us as it is for me to win the adoration of others!"
With some difficulty, resist the urge to argue, knowing it to be futile with Brom

"Let's just get off this shithole tin can, I'm dyin' for a proper waterin' ho - I mean, for some proper work, heh. It's really damn boring here. Speakin' of which - are we there yet? Can we get off already?"

((Now that we've reached 7/7 ready-to-go in the "are you ready to continue" thread, I'm going to close this down and skip to the next part of the campaign - namely, where you are already in the shuttles meant to take you to your destinations. After that you can tell the pilots where to land you, which lets you skip the hangars completely, and the fun can begin. I can't see a reason why everyone would want to roleplay "I walk to the elevators" and "I get into the shuttles", so I'll just skip through that, unless anyone has any objections they can throw out there while I write up the first post for the next thread.))

Sounds like everyone's about done - and just in time, too. You have roughly enough time to stop by the armory, pick up your gear, and head to the elevators before the shuttles are scheduled to arrive. Given your track record, that means you'll be late, so get your asses moving! See you when you get back, and try not to do anything stupid. SCAMPS, out.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now