Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT Signature Banners

As responses (the ones I've gotten) seem to be positive, I put in a couple hours of coding.

My end goal is to do away with the fixed "TEXT 1" "TEXT 2" spoiler boxes and make it so you can add and remove spoilerboxes at will, permitting potentially infinite text and/or image and/or overlay combinations. I also want the overlays to be able to be adjusted as to blend mode, and I also want it so that you can personally choose what gets layered in what order. Also the ability to cut off the left/right half of an overlay, so it's only on part of the image. Tall order? Maybe. :P But if we really want sig customization, I feel like that's the way to go.

http://talvieno.com/rekt/sigs/create2.php# is the WIP page. Saving is disabled for the WIP page.

Over the past couple hours I managed to get it so that a basic Overlay panel can be added procedurally on request. The "OVERLAY" spoiler at the bottom is 100% procedural. You can add more by going into the js console and typing:

Code: Select all

createNewElement("OVERLAY");

Eventually I'll have buttons to do that. The important thing is that I actually figured out how to do it, so that's the steepest part of the mountain climbed. I also figured out how to blend things, which is nice. At the moment the blend setting is hardcoded, but I want there to be color dodge, color burn, screen, difference, hue, etc. settings, and hopefully an opacity slider too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Nice :D

As an aside, when I load in my sig (also in the not WIP normal version) it doesn't add my custom image (the pudding) correctly:

Despite it being there in the box, fiddling with the settings doesn't make it visual either - the only thing that worked was removing the image url, pressing enter, pasting it in again and enter again and then it's put back.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Silver was right: I've essentially created a poor man's online Photoshop. I'm questioning my choices now. I suppose I could've simply offered a Gimp download link, textures, and brief tutorials.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Maybe I can stick it on a resume or something. "Designed an online Photoshop for poor people with limited functionality that can only be used to produce a very specific thing."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Tal is the next big famous artist that future generations will revere with the same wonder and awe that we today show artists like Da Vinci, Vermeer, and Caravaggio.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:45 pm
"Designed an online Photoshop for poor people with limited functionality that can only be used to produce a very specific thing."
Let me put that statement in other words - you made a user friendly tool for people who want to make a nice sig but can't use photoshop or gimp.
Wasn't that what you made the sig creator for in the first place? :)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:52 am
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:45 pm
"Designed an online Photoshop for poor people with limited functionality that can only be used to produce a very specific thing."
Let me put that statement in other words - you made a user friendly tool for people who want to make a nice sig but can't use photoshop or gimp.
Wasn't that what you made the sig creator for in the first place? :)
Wasn't it also you who told me that my tool was just a poor man's photoshop?
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now