Return to “Polls”

Re: Payment for Dates Survey

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:34 am
Redundant is the opposite of an oxymoron, though :P
It's mostly used because 'feminism' makes some people think of the vocal 'feminazi' minority and thus 'egilitarian' is added to make sure that no, we mean the reasonable type.
Opposites are not always finely distinguished. :P
I was thinking more on the lines of 'being a feminist sort of precludes being an egalitarian because it's a focus on specific rights'. Which by that logic does sort of sound like an oxymoron, but you're right that they're not mutually exclusive one is just a sub-set of the other.

Honestly though I question why bother with the feminist part at all then? Just call yourself an egalitarian and get on with it. Or is it like a 'centrist' thing where it's seen as a wishy washy no-meaning statement?

I don't really fit into any category other than egalitarian, so it'd be a bit shit for me if my position wasn't socially valid. :V
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)
Re: Payment for Dates Survey

0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:11 am
Black--Snow wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:32 am
It sounds like a "North North West" kind of thing; "I'm an egalitarian but I'm mostly just focused on women's rights". It just sounds frakking weird imho.
Pretty sure "north northwest" is a more precise form of "northwest," i.e. a northwest that's more north than west.
That's exactly my point. It seems weird to me to use a classifier like 'feminist' in front of egalitarian because it's just (if anything) shifting the compass very slightly.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Online Now