Donald J. Trump
Total votes: 14 (56%)
Gary Johnson
Total votes: 2 (8%)
Jill Stein
Total votes: 1 (4%)
Total votes: 25
Re: American Election 2016

Dinosawer wrote: And on the other side of the coin, Trump supporters are harassing racial minorities, urging them to kill themselves or leave the country before their president throws them out, or just apply his lovely advice for handling women and attempting to grab their private parts.
Lovely country you guys have :ghost:
Do you happen to know where I could come up with this information? Also, the women thing is likely false, because a celebrity especially one as well known as Trump would have been sued for millions prior to the elections. The fact that 10 or so women came forward during the election to state their mistreatment suggests that they are there for the publicity and to try to harm his chances at becoming president.

BFett wrote: Do you happen to know where I could come up with this information?
Sure
Dunno how much of it is true, it being social media and all
BFett wrote: Also, the women thing is likely false, because a celebrity especially one as well known as Trump would have been sued for millions prior to the elections. The fact that 10 or so women came forward during the election to state their mistreatment suggests that they are there for the publicity and to try to harm his chances at becoming president.
Orrrr they didn't want to take it to court due to no solid evidence and the fact he has the money to out-lawyer them significantly, but felt the need to speak up once he threatened to become president.
I mean, how many presidential candidates have a long wikipedia page solely about all their sexual misconduct charges?
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
BFett wrote: Do you happen to know where I could come up with this information?
Sure
Dunno how much of it is true, it being social media and all
BFett wrote: Also, the women thing is likely false, because a celebrity especially one as well known as Trump would have been sued for millions prior to the elections. The fact that 10 or so women came forward during the election to state their mistreatment suggests that they are there for the publicity and to try to harm his chances at becoming president.
Orrrr they didn't want to take it to court due to no solid evidence and the fact he has the money to out-lawyer them significantly, but felt the need to speak up once he threatened to become president.
I mean, how many presidential candidates have a long wikipedia page solely about all their sexual misconduct charges?
I'm fairly confident that most of those articles are opinion articles and not based on facts. Granted I'm not reading the ones that aren't in English.

BFett wrote: I'm fairly confident that most of those articles are opinion articles and not based on facts. Granted I'm not reading the ones that aren't in English.
An article reporting events is by definition not an opinion article, and you can't dismiss it solely because you don't agree with the political stance of the author.

For clearness, was talking about eg
https://www.wired.com/2016/11/internet-week-96/
http://theweek.com/articles/661436/thre ... ps-america

So you are citing social media posts from people you don't know as evidence that Trump supporters are racists among other things? Well on that note I might as well make an article about how hateful liberals are and cite their posts from Facebook.

This isn't real news, this is pick and choose based off of things that unreliable people have said. You couldn't submit an essay to a college using the opinions of your friends and family and expect to receive a passing grade. The same is true in this case. There's a reason why CNN and other networks aren't reporting the crimes of Trump supporters.

BFett wrote:So you are citing social media posts from people you don't know as evidence that Trump supporters are racists among other things? Well on that note I might as well make an article about how hateful liberals are and cite their posts from Facebook.

This isn't real news, this is pick and choose based off of things that unreliable people have said. You couldn't submit an essay to a college using the opinions of your friends and family and expect to receive a passing grade. The same is true in this case. There's a reason why CNN and other networks aren't reporting the crimes of Trump supporters.
Surely no one can believe this is an absolute in any case. There are most certainly SOME Trump supporters who are racists as well has SOME hateful liberals who use "social justice" as an excuse to be hateful. It doesn't mean all or even most are this way.

What I do find disturbing about the whole thing, was that when many people believed that Hillary was a shoe in, people were condemning Trump for not saying he would accept the election results. Trump pulls a surprise win and then large masses of people start protesting the more than fair win. (which is board line rioting in some areas)
My Signature

Meh. I'm not worried. Odds are, Trump will still have to fight to get his legislation passed. Don't give me the whole "republican majority" speech either. Whenever someone attempts something too radical, they get stonewalled. Who knows? Trump may actually do a good job.
We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.

Jazehiah wrote:Meh. I'm not worried. Odds are, Trump will still have to fight to get his legislation passed. Don't give me the whole "republican majority" speech either. Whenever someone attempts something too radical, they get stonewalled. Who knows? Trump may actually do a good job.
My only real fear (mind you, I'm not American, so not effected by domestic policy) is the nuclear issue. Trump comes across as a very erratic and emotional person. The use of nuclear weapons is made to be quick for obvious reasons. I fear in a fit a range he could actually use them and cause a massive global disaster.

I am also somewhat cornered that the progress made with keeping peoples religious beliefs a private and personal thing, and not something that taught in public schools or that effects government policy, will be thrown out the window. Of course, not being American this does not effect me, but I still feel empathy for the persons who may be subject to this. Mind you, Trump is not a religious person himself, but he seems to be surrounding himself with people who are VERY.
My Signature

BFett wrote:So you are citing social media posts from people you don't know as evidence that Trump supporters are racists among other things? Well on that note I might as well make an article about how hateful liberals are and cite their posts from Facebook.
No, I'm saying some of them are using their president's stances to justify their own racist acts, just like some liberals are using the fact Trump didn't win the popular vote as means to justify their riots. World isn't black and white and all that
BFett wrote: This isn't real news, this is pick and choose based off of things that unreliable people have said. You couldn't submit an essay to a college using the opinions of your friends and family and expect to receive a passing grade. The same is true in this case. There's a reason why CNN and other networks aren't reporting the crimes of Trump supporters.
They're not opinions, they're anecdotes. While not very reliable individually, they are at least supposed to be an account of real-life events, and I find their volume concerning.

In more solid news, yay Trump plans to screw over the planet, ban all climate acts and take all actual climate scientist out of the government

Zanteogo wrote:... Of course, not being American this does not effect me....
I'm not an American either, but I'm not naive thinking that whatever goes on over there does not affect me. USA affects all of us. For better AND worse, the USA affects the whole world, they always do. The question is, this time, will their influence be for the better of our race, or for the worse? So far, I'm sad to say that I'm not holding my breath for "better" :problem:
old-fashioned :ghost:

Depends on the type of essay, really. An essay is really any short, structured work of prose without a narrative. Essays can easily be about opinions and viewpoints and thought experiments without having a thesis statement at the top and a bibliography at the bottom.

Also, you should keep in mind that you declaring something "isn't real news" looks like cherrypicking (especially when the not-news brought forth is contrary to your narrative). Dino presented sources, but all you have done is refuse to acknowledge them.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now