Return to “General”

Re: Remaking Limit Theory - From the ground up

Aiha wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:52 am

I've taken some CS courses, but I'm no longer a CS major, I'm a physics major..... :ghost:
My coding experience lately tends to be just basic scripting stuff for personal projects using Python and Lua (and HTML/CSS if that's applicable here).
Why study the real world when you can just make a fake one?

Understanding of programming fundamentals is the most important transferable skill. I personally have no experience with C++, GDScript or Godot itself (At least before this project). So if you're interested in participating, there's no particular necessary skill level for entry.

I Believe GDScript is based on Python anyway, but don't quote me on that.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Aiha wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:52 am

I've taken some CS courses, but I'm no longer a CS major, I'm a physics major..... :ghost:
My coding experience lately tends to be just basic scripting stuff for personal projects using Python and Lua (and HTML/CSS if that's applicable here).
Understanding of programming fundamentals is the most important transferable skill. I personally have no experience with C++, GDScript or Godot itself (At least before this project). So if you're interested in participating, there's no particular necessary skill level for entry.
I have no experience with C++, and only know how to program Batch Scripts (although Silverware might like to pop in and say otherwise), and Powershell.
I am liking Godot though, it is a nice difference from the norm.

I highly recommend following the videos from GDQuest:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxboW7 ... vMdCFKTMsQ

Also, A Bit Awake, has 3x tutorials for procgen in Godot:
https://abitawake.com/news
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Hey, y'all.

I am currently studying software development. I'm making fast progress, and I expect to be employed in some sector of the software industry in a matter of months, assuming my luck holds out.

I'm interested in helping with the resurrection of LT if and/or when the source code is released.

Please contact me at meisterkeen@gmail.com if and when there are any developments.

Cheers,

- Alcaz
A proud crafter of fruitless pseudointellectual theories
LT Dev Logs Project

Online Now