Return to “General”

Source Code

Hi all

I come back here roughly a year after The End, where Josh did a logical, brave thing by deciding enough was enough.

One thing he mentioned was the release of the source code. I've been a part of this forum (lurking, always) for at least 6 years, and would love to see the code & engine that Josh managed to build.

I don't care what state it's in, I just want to be able to dig through it and see how it all fits together.

Based on this, has the code been released, or does anyone know if/when it will be?
What good is the Moon? You can't buy it or sell it. - Ivan F. Boesky

I am the definition of a forum lurker. First post being 3.5 years after I joined.
Re: Source Code

To the best of my knowledge, there is a private GIT repository. But, it is not available to backers yet. So I can't tell you the state of the code or how much effort is going into the clean up. It's a glimmer of hope that has not been snuffed out yet.

cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:27 am
From what I've heard, he's juggling a job plus attempting to de-spaghettify the code so that it's comprehensible to people not named Josh Parnell. No ETA that I know of, unfortunately.
So easy fix is find another Josh Parnell to read it?
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Should I create a thread title "I think Josh lied about the source code too" ?

Is there any news ? I can't believe he's failed to communicate with even his moderators. Josh, you still there ? Do you still visit the website at all or do you not even want to face what's left ? Hello ?

Well well, didn't expect that! And that's it, today Josh can finally say he's closed the book on Limit Theory. He also said when this site breaks, that's it (not surprising given the inactivity).

Would love to know what he's up to now - I hope he's happy.

Online Now