Return to “General”

Re: Comments and Criticisms regarding RTB and Post schedule

I'll admit, that while I may be somewhat more invested in this project than someone who just heard about Limit Theory I think that my time here is well spent. Even if Limit Theory fails to enter beta I'll have made quality friends whom I have shared some great conversations with. I view my time here as an investment for missing the kickstarter, and I will view my money spent on the project after release as thanks for the game and for access to these forums.

I think people might be glossing over the main factor here which is that semi-interested people or new people are losing interest... Momentum has been lost. Even if the game gets finished, at this point it wont reach very many people. Josh can't exactly pay for a big marketing scheme, and now the hype is sort of dead. People who post on the forums regularly were always hyped and willing to go for it, so they aren't exactly a good indicator that 'everythings alright' in the target market.

InfelixTurnus wrote:I think people might be glossing over the main factor here which is that semi-interested people or new people are losing interest... Momentum has been lost. Even if the game gets finished, at this point it wont reach very many people. Josh can't exactly pay for a big marketing scheme, and now the hype is sort of dead. People who post on the forums regularly were always hyped and willing to go for it, so they aren't exactly a good indicator that 'everythings alright' in the target market.
1)Put Limit Theory on Steam
2)Make a short write up
3)Make a trailer
4)?
5)Profit

InfelixTurnus wrote:I think people might be glossing over the main factor here which is that semi-interested people or new people are losing interest... Momentum has been lost. Even if the game gets finished, at this point it wont reach very many people. Josh can't exactly pay for a big marketing scheme, and now the hype is sort of dead. People who post on the forums regularly were always hyped and willing to go for it, so they aren't exactly a good indicator that 'everythings alright' in the target market.
It was covered in a different thread, but the portion of the fanbase that visit the forums are only a fraction of the total fanbase. I don't mean that LT will have a massive following and thus tons of sales, but to determine the reach and profitability of the game by just the forum base isn't an adequate representation.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Meet new friends here?

Over nearly 30 years I have never met a friend online. I've only met anonymous people, most only known by pseudonyms who I never met in person - with the exception of business related. Online acquaintances are entertaining until they vanish, bore or piss me off. It always ends in one of those scenarios (just like computer games).

No, that's not a friend.

At the far end of the spectrum is addiction. Becoming overly immersed online takes no effort for an addict. Those are the ones that crash and burn repeatedly because nothing can live long in its own waste. When I turn off my computer I want a life to look forward to and real friends to see. If that doesn't work out I have plan B... my cat.

I think it's improbable that there are friends to be met in these forums.

Some old guy wrote:snip
My impression:
Image With all due respect, kind well-aged sir, can you sod off and share your absolute wisdom with someone who cares? Maybe your cat?

Edit: bit on a short fuse today, but slandering the forum community for being antisocial addicts living in their own poop from a holier-than-thou pedestal is not at all something I can suffer or am willing to discuss. No idea what you are trying to achieve here, Guy, but you are not being friendly. Hope you don't treat physical acquaintances similarly.
panic

Some old guy wrote:Meet new friends here?

Over nearly 30 years I have never met a friend online. I've only met anonymous people, most only known by pseudonyms who I never met in person - with the exception of business related. Online acquaintances are entertaining until they vanish, bore or piss me off. It always ends in one of those scenarios (just like computer games).

No, that's not a friend.

At the far end of the spectrum is addiction. Becoming overly immersed online takes no effort for an addict. Those are the ones that crash and burn repeatedly because nothing can live long in its own waste. When I turn off my computer I want a life to look forward to and real friends to see. If that doesn't work out I have plan B... my cat.

I think it's improbable that there are friends to be met in these forums.
Then why are you still here? :eh:

Did you lose a bet? :eh:

Are you looking for your hat? :problem:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

In regards to Limit Theory's popularity on a Steam launch:

Speaking from a bit of experience - you can multiply the Kickstarter tally by a factor - of "a bunch" to get the estimated number of Steam sales. Limit Theory raised.. 150k? Multiply that by "a bunch".

And that's talking about the first month only. Popular projects then get seasonal and mid season spikes via sales events.

Media wants clicks (via google search for example) - media thus covers popular games to get clicks - popular games become more popular - its a self fueling cycle.
Check out my space sim - Void Destroyer http://store.steampowered.com/app/259660/

Misty, let's play nice. :P I'm grateful to have the wisdom of anyone who chooses to post here.

That said. Some Old Guy:
Glad you stopped by to post on the forums. :) I thought I'd perhaps share the wisdom (yes, ha) of someone likely a lot younger than you.

Due to a rather unique situation... I haven't been able to talk to anyone outside my family, in person, for almost half my life (apart from rare, singular encounters). I mean that quite literally. My only friends are online friends. Yes, most of them come and go - but friends in real life do the same. These people I consider online friends are just as important to me as you might consider a "real life" friend, and they've certainly helped me stay sane. I still keep in close touch with people I've met five years ago or more. Just because you've never had someone you've considered a friend online doesn't mean it isn't possible - it just means you haven't found anyone you're willing to be friends with. As to addiction... I wouldn't say I'm any more addicted to being online than you would be to going outside. I'm as normal and social as you (personality-wise, at least), just through a different medium.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now