Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Heyaa! i'm sorry I disappeared for so long. I... wasn't doing so well. :? It's a bit difficult to explain the "why" behind it, but Josh shutting down Limit Theory hit me really, really hard. I limped along for a while afterwards and pretended everything was cool, but it didn't take long for it to catch up with me and take me out completely. I've only been "back" the past couple weeks, so to speak, and in the meantime... well, I was kind of in a bad spot mentally. Didn't help that my gf was also in a bad spot; her dad died the day before Valentine's day, and I used up the rest of my savings to go to the funeral. Currently trying to find someone who will employ me. :) (And, of course, REKT!)

Fully willing to open this back up if we have enough people willing to make entries. :P Also I don't think it's a fan contest at all anymore, seeing as there is no Limit Theory. Not sure what to do about that, but if people are having fun, I'm all for it! (Also I am thoroughly out of cash at the moment :| so I don't think I'll be able to do prizes, which I feel really bad about, especially as I'm pretty sure I owe at least one person a game coupon - I'll have to raincheck that if I'm not misremembering)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:41 pm
Heyaa! i'm sorry I disappeared for so long. I... wasn't doing so well. :? It's a bit difficult to explain the "why" behind it, but Josh shutting down Limit Theory hit me really, really hard. I limped along for a while afterwards and pretended everything was cool, but it didn't take long for it to catch up with me and take me out completely. I've only been "back" the past couple weeks, so to speak, and in the meantime... well, I was kind of in a bad spot mentally. Didn't help that my gf was also in a bad spot; her dad died the day before Valentine's day, and I used up the rest of my savings to go to the funeral. Currently trying to find someone who will employ me. :) (And, of course, REKT!)

Fully willing to open this back up if we have enough people willing to make entries. :P Also I don't think it's a fan contest at all anymore, seeing as there is no Limit Theory. Not sure what to do about that, but if people are having fun, I'm all for it! (Also I am thoroughly out of cash at the moment :| so I don't think I'll be able to do prizes, which I feel really bad about, especially as I'm pretty sure I owe at least one person a game coupon - I'll have to raincheck that if I'm not misremembering)
I just need a subject and I'm happy :twisted: I'm glad you're feeling better though!

That said, I still have an unclaimed copy of No Man's Sky floating around......................... :squirrel:

zircher wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Curious as to what the next theme is and if I should be binge reading ReKT as a pre-rektquiste. :-)
No, no chance of that. :lol: Flattered as I am, this is still the Limit Theory forum after all. :P Not sure what to rename it to, though, or if it needs remade.

After a little bit of thought (and checking the topic lists I made... however long ago it was), I think a decent topic for this month's theme would be "Advantages" - be it combat or trade, someone usually has some plan to gain the upper hand.

If you guys think that's decent (I'm all for shaking up the list otherwise) then we can go with that. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:51 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:53 pm
I think a decent topic for this month's theme would be "Advantages" - be it combat or trade, someone usually has some plan to gain the upper hand.

If you guys think that's decent (I'm all for shaking up the list otherwise) then we can go with that. :)
Ooh, the ideas are flowing already.
I agree. I'll see if I can make something cool.

Hi again - sorry had some rough time also in the past days, so was not checking the forum and there is the contest all starting again (don't care about prices, Talv!).
I'm all for it of course!, would have to de-dust my Vue (just joking, actually still working on city landscapes :-) if on a very small speed).

So Advantages it is (the ideas are absolutely not flowing, but hey, we don't even have a deadline yet ;-)).

And... nice to hear from you guys :wave: ; really missing this place (or say, the discussions).

Online Now