Return to “General”

Re: The July, 2014 Devlog Discussion

Well after watching video. I liked the colony docking function. Also the zones we have of ice and asteroid. but it was indeed a Bad new regarding LT pushed back to early 2015. But for truth i kinda knew it that it would happen. Its not that i think Mr Josh can't complete it on time. Its that i needs more work done to complete the game.

Anyway, While we wait for the game to developed. I wana play Freelancer again :)

I just love this month's work. Josh, you did one hell of a job over the last weeks.
Zones, zone density and variation look incredible. Begins to really remind me on good old Freelancer.

... release it whenever you think v1 is ready to be released. We'll wait for it.
And while we're going to say OMFG let me f***in play it pleeeeease... we'll still gladly wait.

New interface contrast etc. looks fine and better than last month indeed.
But still I think the HUDs crosshair really really needs to move when you turn your ship around.
Just as it was in Freelancer, right? :ghost:

One more idea I'd like to share regarding zone generation.
What do you think about generating zone TYPES dynamically?

Grab a list of all available 'zone contents' like...
  • Rocks and asteroids
  • ice blocks, sharper or smoother
  • Small rocks and other particles
  • dust up to really strong nebulae (with lightning please :D )
  • radioactivity / radiation in general
  • mine fields
  • sensor interferences
  • (secret pirate stations and worm holes... welcome to the Liberty Rogues!)
  • ... whatever else there could be
And generate the zone compound dynamically.
Of course it would make sense to influence generation based on location...
Radioactivity might be related to sun, war fields, nebulae...
Ice fields close to the sun might be unlikely...
etc.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:(I dont have the bandwith for that and no windows server)
It runs fine on linux... I /might/ give it a shot, but it'll have to wait a few weeks. Ideally it would run without a GUI so I don't have to install X on my dedicated box.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

I never realised how awesome the nebulae look. Josh, you should turn your procedural generator into something that can make wallpaper, because I'd love to look at new ones every day. It really is amazing! Sad about the release date but I'm with the others here - better late and properly finished than early and dead (don't do what X3 did). Besides, you've show to be more than capable of delivering awesome stuff, and your engagement with the fanbase has always been second to none.

Keep up the fantastic work!

mogthew wrote:I never realised how awesome the nebulae look. Josh, you should turn your procedural generator into something that can make wallpaper, because I'd love to look at new ones every day. It really is amazing! Sad about the release date but I'm with the others here - better late and properly finished than early and dead (don't do what X3 did). Besides, you've show to be more than capable of delivering awesome stuff, and your engagement with the fanbase has always been second to none.

Maybe Josh could build a realtime-rendered LT desktop background video? :D

jbjhjm wrote:
mogthew wrote:I never realised how awesome the nebulae look. Josh, you should turn your procedural generator into something that can make wallpaper, because I'd love to look at new ones every day. It really is amazing! Sad about the release date but I'm with the others here - better late and properly finished than early and dead (don't do what X3 did). Besides, you've show to be more than capable of delivering awesome stuff, and your engagement with the fanbase has always been second to none.

it would be better if it can generate Animated Gif for android Live wallpapers :)

gullfounder wrote:
jbjhjm wrote:

it would be better if it can generate Animated Gif for android Live wallpapers :)
naaaah gifs are too low-quality for LT :roll:

I don't have much to say beyond once again repeating that (a) LT looks beautiful and
(b) LT sounds beautiful.

I am a bit concerned with how the radar is currently displayed in the UI but I made a thread for that in the Suggestions sub-forum.
Talvieno wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:I would take the whole week off. Really, it's summer. Enjoy.
Not a bad idea, actually. He deserves some time to himself.
Agreed. Josh needs to love working on LT for it to be a great game for us, so if we push too hard and burn him out we all lose.

Online Now