Return to “General”

Re: High speed travel

Daniel wrote:
Naxtor wrote:That is actually a great idea. Have a radio button that allows you to enable different physics concepts that only effect visuals. Good spot Ownez i hope someone is listening! :)
It would probably be better to be able to have that be available as a modding option, rather than in-built into the game.
Josh has said before that LT will not have mod support.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: High speed travel

sorry if this has been mentioned, recently joined, wanted to comment!

can we think of the speed limit more as the computer on our ship preventing us from wasting our fuel/energy. after our ship reached an optimal velocity it simply shuts down the thrusters. with more powerful thrusters we could go faster because it has greater output. kind of like a built in speed limiter.

or maybe like some of these new cars that automatically brake so you dont rear-end someone. maybe the space ships maintain a speed no greater than it can stop in a reasonably short time. better thrusters can slow you down more quickly as well as speed you up quickly.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

Online Now