Return to “General”

Re: THE May, 2014 Devlog Discussion

Hey I wonder if we can have an update video in a "fire" system!!

We've had tons of update videos in regular rocky systems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2albJYS-wI
We had an update video in an Ice System (#14) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8SOZxCXokg
How about adding fire system to the update video variety to the rock, ice and fire mix? By fire - I mean an inferno system (Io type worlds) in a system that's being wracked by insane gravitational pulls due to ,perhaps, massive blackhole/s in vicinity - causing some Lava planets to breakup and larger asteroids are remnants of the same lava world - with the semi destroyed lava world still spewing lava, as are the larger asteroids (smaller ones would have cooled a long time back duh:D) - giving a strong orange ting to the update video. I would love to see ICe in these system to see the ice, which is already implemented, refracting the orange -giving the entire system and the video a hellish inferno look?
Last edited by titan1978 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

titan1978 wrote:Hey I wonder if we can have an update video in a "fire" system!!

We've had tons of update videos in regular rocky systems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2albJYS-wI
We had an update video in an Ice System (#14) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8SOZxCXokg
How about adding fire system to the update video variety to the rock, ice and fire mix? By fire - I mean an inferno system (Io type worlds) in a system that's being wracked by insane gravitational pulls due to ,perhaps, massive blackhole/s in vicinity - causing some Lava planets to breakup and larger asteroids are remnants of the same lava world - with the semi destroyed lava world still spewing lava - giving a strong orange ting to the update video. I would love to see ICe in these system to see the ice, which is already implemented, refracting the orange -giving the entire system and the video a hellish inferno look?
If there are fire systems, I think this would be awesome. And if not, perhaps this guys has a potential project for a couple days in June: :monkey:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

yep! I'm even thinking the faction based setup would work in this setting -where the more "Extremist" (taliban in the remote afghanistan - the toughest mooks to hunt) pirate factions would be housed - holding enormous bounties and where mostly fleet warfare alone (hear hear.. now you definitely NEED to build your fleet of warships - strong gameplay feature and an incentive) to clear the nest!
Might also naturally hold some of the more lucrative ore giving filip to the above mentioned details

Talvieno wrote:I'd love for him to implement something more than a ray effect for stars, too. I would like to mention, though, that it would totally throw the scale of the system all to pieces.
The scale is already thrown to pieces as suns already are physical objects.

At larger distances they get baked into the skybox to simplify light rendering, tough

Production & research are rollin', things are generally working
They see me codin'
They waitin'
I know what they're all thinking
I'm just so white n' nerdy

Think I'm just too white n' nerdy
Them nebula gettin' really purty
That space ice' gettin' dark n' dirty
I'm up all night until six thirty
I want to roll with-
production
But so far they just wantin' dogfights
Think I'm too white n' nerdy
Time for coffee, I'm gettin' thirsty
Last edited by Hyperion on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
Production & research are rollin', things are generally working
They see me codin'
They waitin'
I know what they're all thinking
I'm just so white n' nerdy

Them nebula gettin' really purty
That space ice' gettin' dark n' dirty
I want to roll with-
production
But so far they just wantin' dogfights
Time for coffee, I'm gettin' thirsty
:lol: :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now