Return to “General”

Re: Dammit! How did I miss this???

I can't wait to finish university so I can play videogames again. Especially games like what Josh is making. Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous and Limit Theory are pretty much the only things to look forward to besides death. I can't wait to strap on an Oculus Rift and pilot my way between asteroids and blow other people up (and get blown up in turn) as I explore the 'Verse. I've never played these kind of games before (the closest thing is EVE) so I'm hoping it will be that much sweeter.

Welcome. :)

ThymineC wrote:I can't wait to finish university so I can play videogames again. Especially games like what Josh is making. Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous and Limit Theory are pretty much the only things to look forward to besides death.
The words of a young man. I hope I have enough time left to play all three games to death before moving on to the big mystery game. :lol:

Victor Tombs wrote:
ThymineC wrote:I can't wait to finish university so I can play videogames again. Especially games like what Josh is making. Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous and Limit Theory are pretty much the only things to look forward to besides death.
The words of a young man. I hope I have enough time left to play all three games to death before moving on to the big mystery game. :lol:
Playing dies with god? ^^

ThymineC wrote:But Einstein said God doesn't play dice? I'm so confused. :?
Einstein also said, "I used to go away for weeks in a state of confusion". Confusion can be good for you. ;)

I do like this from Terry Pratchett:

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”

:)

Once again I play my part in the slow derailment of a thread. :(

My apologies NzYme and welcome to the LT forums. :D

It's also possible that God did roll the dice... for the seed number of the universe.

Or maybe we were generated based on the name of His goldfish.

And maybe we didn't quite turn out the way He intended and He's been on the line with tech support for the last few thousand years.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

:lol: Yes, I had a feeling this thread was destined to go the way it is actually going. Good stuff though Flat and Gazz.

Before we leave the rails completely ThymineC you may find this interesting: Why Confusion Can Be a Good Thing.

I was unaware that you were a student. Perhaps a little less reliance on the thoughts and ideas of Arthur and Albert will aid you in becoming a great thinker in your own right.

(Or am I being patronizing again. Just trying to help in a small way)

Flatfingers wrote:
Gazz wrote:maybe we didn't quite turn out the way He intended and He's been on the line with tech support for the last few thousand years.
I'm hoping they skip the usual first item on the support script where they asked if He's tried rebooting the system.

Ever heard of the dinosaurs.... :p

Online Now