Return to “General”

Re: Just found out about Limit Theory

I only recently found out about the development of this game as well. A long time X fan, disappointed with the current development of X-Rebirth (although not as raged as some have been about it). One of the things I like about the X games so much is playing it like a much grander and more epic RTS game. Flying around the universe is fun and all, and quick battles here and there, from the cockpit, are for the most part entertaining, but what I really really like is collecting resources, building a large trading empire, then directing my profits into military production and eventually attempting to take over. Very similiar to how RTS games play out, just not as quick and frantic as RTS games typically are.

That's what I'm hoping to see here. And if I had known of this sooner, I certainly would have pledged. I've got my CC in hand in case you need more backing...

NonBritGit wrote:
Tempered wrote:Sorry to hear that I am unable to back the development. Still I wish you guys much success and look forward to the games release.
Same here! I looked for a way to buy into the beta, but they no want my money! :(
I know, right? Hell, if Josh was doing this like Star Citizen and continued funding, I'm sure I'd end up with way too much invested. Imagine that, a developer who isn't milking the crowd! :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:I know, right? Hell, if Josh was doing this like Star Citizen and continued funding, I'm sure I'd end up with way too much invested. Imagine that, a developer who isn't milking the crowd!
And Kudos to Josh for doing the right thing when so many others don't. Its a great thing to see :D
“Do or do not. There is no try.” -Yoda
"I'm a soldier, not a diplomat. I can only tell the truth." -Captain James T. Kirk

darkhorizon wrote:Hey tomorrow HowSerundipitous whatsit will have been here a whole year woot woot celebrate :clap: New joiners and birthdays of joiners
Speaking of which, we probably should start an 'anniversaries' thread in Off Topic... :think:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

ParGellen wrote:I also just found out about this game from the horde of unhappy people on the X-Rebirth forums. I'm so glad to see this! Unfortunately I missed the Kickstarter and now I wish I had some way to throw some money at you :D

Is there some kind of "late backer" thing that I can get in on?
Yes actually its called purchasing the release ;) but seriously I think every time some one new finds the game they ask and somebody says no, maybe josh should include in the sign up that there's no late backer :lol:
"That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”
– Sam

Another noob here, also heard of LT at the X forums, this seems to be a pattern, apologies my name doesn't begin with T!

I've backed E:D and SC, only wish I'd known about this project in time to contribute. That latest update vid with Josh's widget for visualizing the data is fantastic, thoroughly impressive. I'm old enough to have been an original Elite player and all these new games and developments are like science-fiction to me! Love it.

This game has huge potential, top work.

Welcome NonBritGit. ParGellen and Zakalwe. :D
Zakalwe wrote:I've backed E:D and SC, only wish I'd known about this project in time to contribute. That latest update vid with Josh's widget for visualizing the data is fantastic, thoroughly impressive. I'm old enough to have been an original Elite player and all these new games and developments are like science-fiction to me! Love it.
We have some games in common there. I am the old man here so I understand your enthusiasm for the renaissance of the space sim. There are some exciting times ahead of us. :D

Zakalwe wrote:I'm old enough to have been an original Elite player and all these new games and developments are like science-fiction to me! Love it.
In that case, you might be interested in Oolite. It's Elite as it would have been, had it not been for the restrictions of the 8bit-era. Note the modability and especially the graphics mods. There's some extended gameplay as well. And it also has a vibrant community to boot. ;)

Online Now