Return to “Games”

Re: CyberPunk 2077

I'm betting it's at least partially because of the sharp, unprecedented rise in COVID-19 cases in Poland (and really, the rest of Europe).

(Data from this site.) Add that to the certification delay idea, and gamebreaking bugs, I guess.

On the plus side, R. Talsorian Games has confirmed there won't be a delay for Cyberpunk RED, which I'm very much looking forward to seeing. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Yeah, I saw that. Can't really say I'm surprised. My laptop's about three and a half years old and it falls just short of the minimum requirements. Current-gen consoles are twice that. I really can't imagine what kind of hoops they'll have to jump through to get it to play nice on hardware that ancient. People are bound to be disappointed either way, compared to how pretty it'll be on PC.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:44 pm
Yeah, I saw that. Can't really say I'm surprised. My laptop's about three and a half years old and it falls just short of the minimum requirements. Current-gen consoles are twice that. I really can't imagine what kind of hoops they'll have to jump through to get it to play nice on hardware that ancient. People are bound to be disappointed either way, compared to how pretty it'll be on PC.
I actually expect the most common complaint will be that people with current gen consoles not seeing what has been shown in all the released videos.

I imagine it's behind their decision to allow people to upgrade for free if they get a next gen console in the future.

Though not to counter what I just said, I honestly don't think the graphics of 2077 to be THAT crazy. Some of the lighting effects are done well, but if played side by side to something like say.. Witcher 3, particularly in the Blood and Wine areas, they aren't THAT advanced in comparison. I also have a beast of a PC, that far exceeds Witcher 3's max output, so it might not be the greatest example perhaps?

They also might get a break because of the world 2077 is in.. the city is mostly closed in streets. You don't have to worry about rendering things a block away. Outside of the city things seem to be mostly flat and barren.. it's the opposite rendering trick of Skyrim with mountains blocking player views. The swarms of nameless people might be something that gets scaled back on current gen consoles as I can see it being the most taxing.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:14 pm
More than half a year afterwards, I only played my first playthrough and haven't picked it up since.

I was so hoping this would be my new "Witcher 3"
I think I know what you mean. The main game is so tightly constrained that every playthrough feels the same even if you do a lot of things differently outside the core mission sequence.

My hope is that CDPR are hearing this, and will make their next game more responsive accordingly.

Online Now