Return to “Games”

Re: CyberPunk 2077

Flatfingers wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:56 pm
CyberPunk 2077's release date has been pushed back from September to November (still 2020, though -- so far).

Apparently there's just So Much Content that CDPR want a couple more months for bugfixes and general balance.
You know what. I think i'm okay with that.
It'll give me a MUCH larger window to explore Crusader Kings 3 before getting 100% distracted by Cyberpunk.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I'm good with it, too.

Y'all are probably tired of hearing me say, "Game developers need to spend more time at the end integrating all the aesthetics and dynamics and mechanics so that they support and deepen each other." Well, that's probably exactly what CDPR are doing.

So... yep. Take that time. Make it great.

Same. They took their time with Witcher 3 and it was, and is, amazing. I have no problems with waiting a few more months. :D

The "Night City Wire" game livestream is going to take place in two days. It'll be neat to see what they reveal, and how it compares to what we've seen before.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Rumor is that there might be connections to the Witcher universe as 2077 is supposed to be in the same multiverse as Witcher.

The head of 2077 claims there won't be any crossovers, though when asked he gets super frustrated. So either it's a question he's asked too often, or something his own people are pushing.. or it's a "surprise" in game that he doesn't want to spoil.

Someone with an advanced copy has leaked that a Witcher character can be seen on a magazine cover. So maybe?

Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinRDzE ... el=Tolkfan
My Signature

It's the first, they might have easter eggs, but no full crossover. There is no need to do so after all.
A crossover would muddy the game/story quite a lot.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:28 pm
It's the first, they might have easter eggs, but no full crossover. There is no need to do so after all.
A crossover would muddy the game/story quite a lot.
Probably shouldn't be in the main mission, agreed. Though a side optional mission..

It could even be the theme of the first big DLC. Witcher 3 Enhanced will be releasing around the same time they could be releasing the first DLC... I can think of so many cool things they could do with both games with this chance...

I trust CD Red to do what they think needs to be done in the end. Witcher 3 is a near perfect game untouched by modern political correctness. They are probably the only big gaming company that just wants to make good games and not push some agenda.
My Signature

Disappointing but not the end of the world. CD-Red has earned my patience.

The reasoning seems to imply issues with next gen consoles, being as I am playing PC the delay, just for that, doesn't effect me in the way of the delay being advantageous.

Lots of people are complaining that they have booked time off work to play the game. Ya, that would suck, but in the end it's just a game. Life goes on.
My Signature

Silverware wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:04 pm
And early enough notice to unbook that time at least.
For places that allow that.

My place for example forces people to use up all their vacation time by a certain point and will actually book for you after a cut off time if you don't.

Right now we wouldn't be allowed to change.

Not that I booked time off for Cyberpunk.
My Signature

Online Now