Return to “Games”

The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

Since you guys can't help but speculate about this one in any tangentially related thread :ghost:

What I personally would like to see is a return of Morrowind's spell making system. Creating your own spells by throwing whatever spell effects you've learned together was fun :)

And perhaps it would be fun to have a game in a time period before the Dwemer disappeared, so we can see all those Dwemer cities bustling with life.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

Well, "it would be cool to see dwemer people alive" would be a better way too describe it. :ghost:

Though, after checking the wiki, it seems the dwarfs disappeared a lot earlier than I thought.
And apparently that one dwarf that was alive in Morrowind was over 4170 years old.
What. :wtf:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

My money's still on setting TES VI in the Summerset Isles a few years after the events of Skyrim.

All the lore of TES V -- in particular busting up Tamriel and letting the Thalmor occupy its provinces subject to the White-Gold Concordat -- basically sets up a game wrapped around a war for independence. That war might conceivably start, and be centered in, the home of the Altmer.

I'm further guessing (because it continues the pattern of the TES games) that as we play, we'll discover that the Thalmor have been used as pawns by one of the Daedra. My suspicion is that it's Boethiah, who is known to work in that subtle and indirect way, and who has been driven even madder than usual by the detonation of Red Mountain that destroyed Vvardenfell. Her revenge? Set all the non-Dunmer at each other's throats until they've eliminated each other, allowing her Dunmer to have whatever's left standing.

It's a theory. :)
Last edited by Flatfingers on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flatfingers wrote:I'm further guessing (because it continues the pattern of the TES games) that as we play, we'll discover that the Thalmor have been used as pawns by one of the Daedra.
I will still continue to kill the arrogant bastards, Flat. I will be disappointed if they are missing from the new game. Mods will be required if that is the case. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I'm further guessing (because it continues the pattern of the TES games) that as we play, we'll discover that the Thalmor have been used as pawns by one of the Daedra.
I will still continue to kill the arrogant bastards, Flat. I will be disappointed if they are missing from the new game. Mods will be required if that is the case. :angel:
Right there with you, Victor.

They don't look so smug when they've been ventilated by a greatsword or incandesced by a fireball, do they?

It's hard to imagine BethSoft deliberately creating a bunch that are so hate-worthy and then never giving players the satisfaction of puncturing an entire island's worth of the condescending bastards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

If I want anything from an Elder Scrolls game, ideally, I want Bannerlord with Magic. :ghost:
We have a perfect point in history for a full out M&B clone with magic and assassins.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Victor Tombs wrote:
Lum wrote:I don't know if the "bustling with life" can be related to any Bethesda game, where big cities usually have a couple of dozens people living in them. Tops. :problem:
You need some good mods to put that right, Lum. :thumbup: A good plastic surgeon also helps. :mrgreen:
I don't know if there are any new mods in this respect, Victor. Yes, you can have large-ish patrols and skirmishes on the field. Yes, you can revamp cities with a couple more farms and houses and some more people around (usually a lot more people than housing possibilities, but at least the cities seem more alive), and yes you can make the big cities a little "citier" than in the vanilla. But I wasn't impress by these mods. They are an improvement? Yes. But far from the way things should be. You can small settlements grow bigger if you add some farms, but a big city must be... well bustling with people. And by that, with people with some purpose in life besides doing nothing and repeating the same two phrases over and over again. Maybe you didn't play it, but TW3 is a big improvement in that respect. It can be do better, but it really is a good start.

You hear me, Beth-boys'n'gals! :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Lum wrote:I don't know if there are any new mods in this respect, Victor. Yes, you can have large-ish patrols and skirmishes on the field. Yes, you can revamp cities with a couple more farms and houses and some more people around (usually a lot more people than housing possibilities, but at least the cities seem more alive), and yes you can make the big cities a little "citier" than in the vanilla. But I wasn't impress by these mods. They are an improvement? Yes. But far from the way things should be. You can small settlements grow bigger if you add some farms, but a big city must be... well bustling with people. And by that, with people with some purpose in life besides doing nothing and repeating the same two phrases over and over again. Maybe you didn't play it, but TW3 is a big improvement in that respect. It can be do better, but it really is a good start.

You hear me, Beth-boys'n'gals!
As far as cities are concerned, Lum, what you say is valid. No matter what mods I've added the cities never seem to be teeming with the activity you describe or hope for. I probably don't notice this to the same extent you do as I am accompanied by at least seven, but usually more, companions. With their banter ringing in my ears I tend not to notice to a great extent that the streets can be relatively quiet as far as NPC's are concerned.

I've stated elsewhere that TW3 will be my next obsession after Skyrim. So I'm looking forward to experiencing what you like about the game in relation to more believable street scenarios. ;) :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:No matter what mods I've added the cities never seem to be teeming with the activity you describe or hope for. I probably don't notice this to the same extent you do as I am accompanied by at least seven, but usually more, companions.
:shock:

I'm trying to imagine the nightmare it must be keeping that many NPC followers all together, given the "interesting" limits of Bethesda's games.

I'm also imagining how disappointing it must be to swagger through the streets of Whiterun or Solitude, yet never elicit any looks of fear from the townsfolk or hear them whispering about the powerful band of adventurers. I mean, if you're going lead that many followers around, it seems very strange if that isn't recognized by the world of the game somehow.
Victor Tombs wrote:I've stated elsewhere that TW3 will be my next obsession after Skyrim. So I'm looking forward to experiencing what you like about the game in relation to more believable street scenarios. ;) :angel:
I think I'm safe in guessing that Novigrad will impress you.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about TW3.

Flatfingers wrote:
:shock:

I'm trying to imagine the nightmare it must be keeping that many NPC followers all together, given the "interesting" limits of Bethesda's games.

I'm also imagining how disappointing it must be to swagger through the streets of Whiterun or Solitude, yet never elicit any looks of fear from the townsfolk or hear them whispering about the powerful band of adventurers. I mean, if you're going lead that many followers around, it seems very strange if that isn't recognized by the world of the game somehow.
The problem I have with entering and leaving buildings is a little strange, Flat, as my character tends to end up with his face pressed up against a wall. Heaven forbid that anyone decides to pick a fight with me. The harpies are merciless in dispatching those so bold...or foolish. ;) It astonishes me how rapidly the team deal with trouble. :)

I'm never much bothered by the lack of recognition. It's always been a problem with the ES games. A thanks for your help and five minutes later they don't even recognize you. :lol: I prefer adventuring in groups after playing the vanilla game. I had to start leaving the dog at home due to the incessant need for him to be at your feet tripping you up but carefully balancing the weaponry of the group gives me satisfaction. I don't allow them to use magical or overpowered weapons. The number of horses can be daunting at times.
Flatfingers wrote:I think I'm safe in guessing that Novigrad will impress you.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about TW3.
I've seen some of the videos, Flat, and played previous games but I believe TW3 will keep me interested for a long time. It has that European flavour that is missing from TES games. Of course, much of what is missing in the vanilla TES games can be rectified by judicious modding. :angel:

Actually, Flat, with Topware talking about new additions to the game and a brand new game in the franchise being developed I'm even contemplating replaying Two Worlds II and its DLC. I don't think I could justify playing the original yet again. :angel:
Dinosawer wrote:Since you guys can't help but speculate about this one [Elder Scrolls 6] in any tangentially related thread :ghost:

Sorry Dino! :oops:

Online Now