Return to “Games”

Re: EVERSPACE

Hardenberg wrote:So, I threw the devs a few Euros for a GoG-Key (I don't "do" Steam anymore, so I was rather happy to see it turn up there). Release for the Early Access Version seems to be planned for early September, i.e. just around the corner.

So, while I'm here, and some of you chaps obviously played it already...

Is there an "end" to the shooting spree, like FTL's final sector (with the mothership from hell)? Also, did the devs get around to implementing more than one playable ship model for the player?

-Hardenberg
Gooooood question! There wasn't in the earlier alpha version, but come beta there are two more sectors and the one time I got to sector 6 I had to face some kind of alien corvette.

It ended badly for me.

As for additional ships, they're not implemented yet but you can see the silhouettes. So, Soon (tm). :squirrel:

Baile nam Fonn wrote:You might like this, compliments of the inimitable SplatterCat: https://youtu.be/6-kCCmzezKk :squirrel:
On the day of the revolution, I will make sure all Youtubers come pre-fitted with one of those... Image -Hardenberg

P.S.: The next steps will then be to personally break every single finger of the people typing in the comments section. I usually resent violence, but this step is necessary for the common good.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Got to Sector 3 so far, mostly by running away since I'm getting my ass handed to me left and right.

Got mulched during the tutorial, too. Shortest run was spawning next to 3 alien fighters, which blew through my shield, wrecked the life support and sent me home in a box about 1.5 seconds later.

Yeah, I get it, it's supposed to be hard, but you're so at the mercy of the RNG it's not even funny anymore. The flying, the visuals and the shooting is nice, if you get around to enjoy it for a bit. But unless I miraculousy reacquire the reflexes of a 15 year old hopped up on Red Bull, or the devs implement a "tottery old geezer"-mode, I think I'll just pass.
Getting one's teeth kicked repeatedly in for a whopping 300 spacebucks* and a handfull of worthless minerals really makes you appreciate all the other stuff in your library.

* = Given the frequency in which the game kills you, your hourly income is probably still decent, but ATM it doesn't feel like you're getting frequent dyer miles, it's more like the game insists on making it crystal clear that you're too old and too slow for it, and you don't deserve to see any improvements.

-Hardenberg, feeling old.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Online Now