Return to “Games”

Re: Elite Dangerous

Silverware wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm
So... I once again wrote something...
This time useful for those who want to make a quick buck in Elite.

Mining Opals or Painite are two of the most profitable (in credits/hour) activities in Elite at the moment.
Here is a tool that'll tell you where to sell your hold full of liquid credits.
It'll only work for a bubble 256LY in Radius around Sol, but any star in there should be included.
Even HIP 21991, with it's double Painite Hotspot, can be thrown in.

http://silver.goat.army/prototypes/opals/
Uhm.. it doesn't work if I put Ceos or Sothis in it... is it a bug?
What kind of software are you writing, Silver? :P
:squirrel:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Any system that I have never received data for won't be tracked, as it' won't be in my local DB.
To fix that, use an EDDN link tool and fly there, thus uploading the data, and allowing my system to capture it.

This was build primarily to solve the problem of the main market tools only going out 20LY, this goes out, iirc, 200LY from Sol.
So you get a LOT better view of where the best places to sell (and thus to mine near) are at any one time.

This system runs in three parts.

The first is an EDDN connection, (using Node.js) that picks up everything, storing Opal and Panite prices, as well as systems, then stores these on a regular basis into some flat file databases.

The second is a simple Node.js socket server, it provides data based on queries from the third piece, using the data from above.

The last is the front end, which is the pretties, and makes the queries then presents the data in a human visible format.
Since old data is useless it marks it as dark when its older than 24 hours or so.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Was playing it daily and then a quest line sucked on the fun out of it. I'm sure the quest has expired so I should get back to exploring and taunting NPCs. I play solo since I don't care for the random assassinations just to see if I have anything in my cargo hold.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 am
elite looks like its goinh to become star citizen before star citizen
Won't that be a shit.
Everyone waving off at the start because it wasn't SC, and then it doing SC before SC can. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now