Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen and question for Josh

:think: The time to upgrade is not an easy call to make. I'm fortunate, as my current rig is more than powerful enough to handle the parts of the game we've seen so far. I won't be playing the DFM much although I am interested to see what additional demands it makes on my hardware.

I intend leaving my new build until very close to full release but I can understand that many gamers will be struggling with just handling the hangar module at present. I would like to think that some optimization has been carried out on the DFM so those with a less capable machine can enjoy the experience without too much lag. :)

cant wait to go to the SC forums when its released and ppl will find a ton of bugs.
the forum will explode lol...
they really messed up on this one.. not that its fair.. same ppl who want the DFM now with the bugs are the ones who will cry if there are any bugs when its released.
crowdfunding is great for funding but the pressure and the demands of the backers at least in SC are just stupendous :twisted:

Gazz wrote:Game development would be much easier if it weren't for those annoying gamers. =/
Hah, exactly my thought when reading SC forums. Losing all faith in the community already, even though I really shouldn't, it's not representative... I guess there is a reason devs like to work in secrecy and tease once in a blue moon, then release something that the public didn't have time to cuss out. Sounds a lot more peaceful.

"the character's sex should be locked to the player's sex"
"I absolutely don't want smoking in this game, besides, noone would be stupid enough to smoke in space"
"if you think blood and nudity can add anything to a game, grow up and get a life"

*shudder*

I appreciate smaller crowds so much more.
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Gazz wrote:Game development would be much easier if it weren't for those annoying gamers. =/
"I absolutely don't want smoking in this game, besides, noone would be stupid enough to smoke in space"
"if you think blood and nudity can add anything to a game, grow up and get a life"

*shudder*

This... very greatly saddens me. Especially combined with how they're apparently trying to "justify" third-person view with "camera drones"... I dunno, it's just sad.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mistycica wrote:

*shudder*

This... very greatly saddens me. Especially combined with how they're apparently trying to "justify" a third-person cam with "camera drones"... I dunno, it's just sad.
What's wrong with that? It's how EVE Online justified it, it's more or less how I justify it for LT, and it's even how people on the E:D forums have said they'll justify it if E:D got third person view. It makes complete sense.

Justification is one thing, and a total lack of imagination is another. =P But that's just me, there are some things I feel are "sacred" and shouldn't be messed with. It's just personal preference, honestly.
Last edited by Talvieno on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Etsu wrote:Yes. Who needs gamers? Can we get rid of them? I'm sure we can.
How nice it would be. Josh could just pump out line after line. No deadlines, no must-have features requested, no pressure. No definite release date to have to rationalize the things he wants to implement. Same for CIG, they could just twiddle away, balance, patch, without anyone questioning their calls or their ability to pull it off. And without having to make stupid promises or vague wordings taken for definite.
(reminds me of this)
Gazz wrote: That's not true.
+1
I just find Planetes a good example, how they have special smoking rooms, how many are against the resources put into those filters, and how hilariously crazy Fee goes when the Universe denies her the cancersticks :P
Talvieno wrote: This... very greatly saddens me. Especially combined with how they're apparently trying to "justify" third-person view with "camera drones"... I dunno, it's just sad.
Immersion above everything, except for the things I don't like. There I'm fine with watered down apple juice. #gamerlogic
panic

Talvieno wrote:Justification is one thing, and a total lack of imagination is another. =P But that's just me, there are some things I feel are "sacred" and shouldn't be messed with. It's just personal preference, honestly.
I'm still confused. What is wrong with justifying something like third person view with lore? All it does is improve the believability of the world for those that care about this stuff. If you don't, then you don't need to worry about it one way or the other. Presumably the lore isn't being thrown into people's faces, but just there to be found in the case people go looking for it (as in EVE).

Online Now