Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

Well, I guess we have officially have reached The End with the source code release. One door closes and another one hopefully opens. If someone sets up a community (besides whatever github provides), please drop a link here or in the source code thread so that I can follow along.
--
TAZ

zircher wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:32 pm
Well, I guess we have officially have reached The End with the source code release. One door closes and another one hopefully opens. If someone sets up a community (besides whatever github provides), please drop a link here or in the source code thread so that I can follow along.
--
TAZ
There's a Discord server for a possible lower-feature LT Remake (which, tbf, has not achieved anything so far): https://discord.gg/RnUtPBZQ7v

If you'd just like to chat with the people who used to hang out on IRC and the forums, there's also a server where we just talk about stuff because we had been for years (mostly games and tabletop RPG's): https://discord.gg/XbbCUBqCAY
Last edited by Dinosawer on Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Wholly Molly!! Just been to Kickstarter, and SO very happy to see Josh with an update!!
<we miss you Josh>
But I am glad to see you fulfill your last promise, as we (collectively, and correct me if I'm wrong) thought you had literally dropped off the planet :(

So, a big THANK YOU, for your last HURRAH!

I do hope you get to get the closure you so very much deserve, and move on to better, and more rewarding projects.

Personally, I would be very interested in seeing where you go from here, and whether you partake in any game programming projects going forward (as your Procedural knowledge is very unique, and could be quite valuable to whomever employs you, going forward).

*Not to say that you shouldn't attempt to go out on your own again, albeit with knowledgeable people who understand the business side, so you can concentrate on what you do best :)

Wishing you all the best in your future Josh. Always thinking of you <3

FM
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 am
nah, we just went off the forums.
the people that were still active *are* still active over on the super awesome sheningans discord
That's cool and all. Glad some people kept it going.

I dislike discord. Could never get really into it. I am forced to use it for work and for the clan of another game I play, find it chunky for lack of a better word.

Plus, without Limit Theory to bind everyone together, it's just not the same, not for me anyways. Like I said I am glad people kept it going,

My fantasy would be if someone discovered another game on the same level as LT, and that we all moved over and join the community of that. So far I have found nothing close. Though I am so far... hopeful that Star Field will cover some of the space within me that LT never did. It being built around moding gives me hope.
My Signature

Online Now