Return to “Announcements”

Re: Limit Theory @ PAX South!

Holy crap this is awesome!!!
I've never even been to a video game convention before, but you can bet I'm going now (I live in Austin so I've got no excuse not to).
Just grabbed my ticket for Sunday, and I should be there from start until about 3pm. Looking forward to it! :D

P.S. So are pledge transfers being supported by Josh now? I saw it mentioned in the post but I haven't seen where it was confirmed.

Sebby McWester wrote:Holy crap this is awesome!!!
I've never even been to a video game convention before, but you can bet I'm going now (I live in Austin so I've got no excuse not to).
Just grabbed my ticket for Sunday, and I should be there from start until about 3pm. Looking forward to it! :D

P.S. So are pledge transfers being supported by Josh now? I saw it mentioned in the post but I haven't seen where it was confirmed.
BRING CUPCAKES FOR JOSH!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Sebby McWester wrote:Holy crap this is awesome!!!

Awesome! Really like Austin, hoping San Antonio is nice too (will be my first time).

It's actually probably the best of all cases that you're coming on Sunday: I plan on coding every night after the expo, so I imagine the Friday demo will be the 'most rough,' and hopefully Sunday the least :geek:

And yes, as Talv said, pledge transfers are officially supported.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

A (long) time ago, I had the chance to play Egosofts X3 Alpha version at a convention.
I doubt they had activated the whole economy already.
So it was mostly presenting the graphics (one of those sectors in orbit of a blue planet, was probably Argon Prime)
and some scripted dogfight events and station landing.
(I remember asking one of the developers about some details in the economic cycle)

Since there is not much time per test-player, they tried to give a compressed experience of the atmosphere of the later game.
So its fine for such a convention to just stage the game to make it interesting for a 5 minute session. Thats normal on game conferences.

Maybe with a selector to show a handful of different sectors to jump into, to see different areas of space, and some staged
battle between large ships.

Flatfingers wrote:OK, Friday ticket purchased. I'll be there. :)

What time on Friday that isn't before noon would be a good time to desperately try to locate the Limit Theory booth?

(I mean, assuming I can find where to park. Otherwise, I'm just going to turn around and drive back home.)
Seriously!? Wow, that's awesome, I look forward to meeting you Flatfingers :)

I will be there...err...I don't know the time, but I get there before it opens and stay till after it closes so, presumably, you will be able to find me at just about any time you care to walk in :)

I haven't seen how the print came out yet but look for something that (in theory) looks like this, mounted above a TV display:
Image And of course, look for the 6'2" 25-year-old with that "I feel like I'm already 80" look on his face, who will probably also look like a zombie because he almost certainly won't have had any sleep for a long time :ghost:

Gonna be quite a weekend!

PS: Not to be a tease. But I'm going to be a tease (well, this is not really a big deal), but...I just had one of those beautiful moments where the proc generators surprised me. I found the most beautiful system I've ever seen in LT, ever. At least, in my opinion. I saved the seed number so I can revisit it and post screenshots sometime :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now