Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

yeeeeeeees yupiiiiiiiiiiii siiiiiiiiii we are happy for your happiness josh back to encourage good good good wishes .... sea power not deny despair we have tested the project but before the end all want this dream reality and you see your health care Take care watch your we walk calmly dreams lot of positive energy and finally're here thanks and forth :D :) :D ;) :lol: --- start again calmly staying healthy is my desire

It's good to see you back here, Josh.

When times get tough, just remember you have an incredibly supportive and understanding group of folks here (in comparison to most of the rest of the interwebs).

Reading your story sounds very familiar to me... Welcome to the last decade of my life :)

I've been checking (and lurking) this forum for the past 3 month once I first got to watch one of the DEV Videos. I was instantly hooked due to the fact that it closely resembles some of my favorite bits, and the UI and Art style were really cool.

I've checked the board every day before work, and after work in the past 3 month to see if there is any "red" response, reading all the speculations while intentionally not getting involved into what might have happened to Josh.

I am glad its a mixture of "Genius insanity following Burnout" and I am even more glad you made the decision to get mental healthcare as realizing something is wrong when you are rather an isolated individual without that many "second" opinions is very difficult.

As we'd say here "take it handy" and try to find a good work / life balance, I do not think anyone is going to freak out if you take the Dev approach slower and thus your final desired vision will take longer to come to fruition.

Welcome back and all the best to you !

Josh, welcome back - it is *great* to hear that you're feeling better and I appreciate your explanation; I know it's hard to talk about these things and you are to be commended for telling us about it.

As one of the people that tried to push you into communicating via all kinds of shenanigans and even the discussion about legal action, I'd like to say that I have no problem whatsoever with you taking your time to *live the right way* and work on LT in a healthy manner; I think we've all accepted that your deadlines are suggestions only :-) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You being healthy is far and away the most important thing, clearly, and while I feel disappointed that no-one spoke for you during the Dark Days, I do understand that mental health issues are incredibly debilitating and if radio silence is what you needed, then I'm glad you did it.

Welcome back!!
--
Mind The Gap

On a personal level, of course I'm happy that Josh is back and more importantly that he is feeling better.

As a kickstarter backer, I have one comment: if you are serious about finishing this game, get a project manager; you have proven in quite traumatic fashion that you need one.
Experiencing a significant gravitas shortfall

Nice to hear from you Josh!

I always thought this project was way too big for one person to handle whilst trying to keep to strict deadlines.

First of all make sure you are 100% ready to start back on the project and take it easy...don't get tempted to do too much all at once.

May the force be with you...and all that jazz 8-)

Glad you're feeling better and I'm sure it's a huge relief to come back and just face the community that you created and get it off your chest.

In my opinion, there is no reason for you to create a plan, especially one that holds you to communicating on a regular basis. Just work on the game, hang on the forums, and let us know when you have something to share. And also as suggested, get some people to help you, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would volunteer to do it for free.

im following several kickstarted game developments.. but this update is just so much better than any other.
finally!
good to have you back on board! (i mean, the forum board.. - the other board is rather your board, and were the passengers hopping on, the train board, eeehm - whatevvoah)

Online Now