Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

This. Is. Progress. :clap:

<wish>For the next update please navigate the UI a bit slower, maybe talk us through new menus before using them.</wish>

<bugreport>At 3:00 and 3:04 the asteroid texture LOD change is abrupt, but I'm sure GJ can fix that in under 7min :monkey:</bugreport>
...traveling through time at 1 second per earth second...

Victor Tombs wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Imagine how long it would be if I hadn't been hyped up on coffee Seriously though...as we get more into content development, I am finding it harder and harder to say and show all that I want to say and show in a reasonable time without mowing through it
Has anyone ever complained about your video update being too long? Good grief, it's the highlight of my month when it comes to Limit Theory. You could easily have made a longer video and given yourself time to dwell a little. I can just see the members complaining about another overly long video from you....

no actually I can't. :P
I agree with Fresh V. Take the time to show off everything you've been working on properly. No-one is going to complain about the video being too long.

If you build it, they will come. :thumbup:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Awesome update! The game looks more and more polished, and teeming with artificial life!

I've got a thing to note for the menu elements though: Would it be possible to put a little more emphasis on the hierarchy of the different menu elements?

Perhaps it could even be mouse-friendly in that you can click on the 'parent menu name' in the path and it will immediately get you there? So you can basically jump from smallest cargo container in General Zoid's smallest ship to General Zoid's faction overview again.

I guess overall it would be good to get the basics of Freelancer's menus right, being able to easily roam around, buy, sell, show map, etc. and then get to the X3 style stuff only when needed.

I'm not sure what kind of balance you're going to strike here, and I'm sure that this game is for 'enthusiasts', but there are some elements in Freelancer that, even as an 'enthusiast', would have made some of the more complicated games, like the X series, much easier and enjoyable to handle. Wow, that sentence almost felt like a menu path. :wave:

Good luck on the next month ahead in creating this beautiful universe! :thumbup:

Josh,

Haven't posted on updates for a while but.....

The UI looks impressive and a great design.
The commodities and trading and metrics are looking sexy enough to even get me interested in a merchant role (that's gotta be good) - seriously, its VERY promising.
Under the hood the AI is alive and seems to be giving the game a more involved, live universe feel.
The project management aspect seems promising too.
Nice scale and a great month

Keep going man :D :monkey: :monkey:

edit: noticed none of my demands are in there again :D
fraggdya's list of unreasonable demands!
1. I would like a tannoy in my ship that plays 'Ride of the Valkyries' on repeat.
2. A replica of the Icarus II ship
3. A shrubbery

Groufac wrote:Hum, I was wondering why there is blue reflexion on the station :think:
I didn't see any blue source potentially lighting this side of the station, some ghost ship I didn't see? :ghost:
Actually it's from the biggest ships' transfer beams! Those things put off a lot of light ;)
CSE wrote:of course! using "project" for a continuous operation is fundamentally wrong! but we got over that already :P
I'm sorry :3 I just couldn't get used to 'operations interface,' as much as I tried :ghost:
ThymineC wrote:What's with all the dislikes this month? :?
:cry:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

tokmak333 wrote:he said, this is last development update video... right? If it is true, I think next month is the release date
he said it was the last one in the power of 2 and this update is 16

so knowing that, 2 in the power of 2 ( 2 ** 2) = 4 then it goes to 8 then to 16 and the next one would be 32......

Knowing that there will not be an update 32 but still could reach to 31 :D

Online Now