Return to “Announcements”

Re: Shifting the Release Date to Mid 2014!

Katorone wrote:The naysayers will naysay whatever the message is, positive or negative. People genuinly concerned/involved with LT will get Josh's message.
Sure some might not like it, and could use some extra clarification. I would welcome a Q&A session with Josh, but not only to hear about the shift in deadline. I'm eager to hear more of what he envisions for the future. :)
Saying "They're going to be negative no matter what so F*** them" is not a valid point. They're still backers and if we're going to just ignore them, we might as well ignore their money too. They have a right to be upset, entitlement or not.

And when I said Q&A, I meant more of an elaboration on what's going on so people are informed. Not something like an AMA surrounding just the delay. Something concise, and to the point but still informative.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
Katorone wrote:The naysayers will naysay whatever the message is, positive or negative. People genuinly concerned/involved with LT will get Josh's message.
Sure some might not like it, and could use some extra clarification. I would welcome a Q&A session with Josh, but not only to hear about the shift in deadline. I'm eager to hear more of what he envisions for the future. :)
Saying "They're going to be negative no matter what so F*** them" is not a valid point. They're still backers and if we're going to just ignore them, we might as well ignore their money too. They have a right to be upset, entitlement or not.

And when I said Q&A, I meant more of an elaboration on what's going on so people are informed. Not something like an AMA surrounding just the delay. Something concise, and to the point but still informative.
Yes, but have there been any naysayers or negative impressioned backers? Development Update #12 has been out for about one day now and has 2,800 views and 259 likes and 0 dislikes!!! If they are being negative in opinion they certainly aren't voicing it, unless I am missing all of the drama?

You got to throw the dog a bone though...

Josh said:
I'd rather not construct excuses for you, as the reality is a very simple one: LT is a big project! I sincerely apologize for not meeting the original timeline. For better or for worse, I would sooner compromise on the timeline than on the vision and the features that I promised to you all.
Which basically means LT is bigger than he expected/progression is a tad slower than expected.

Josh can't say more without going in a bit deeper on what his future plans are, or how they'll be implemented. Doing a Q&A where the one answer is "I just need a bit more time to do everything I want to do.", is useless, because this answer we already got.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

You've heard this a thousand times already but it's totally cool. Not like we can say you have been slacking on this game with your 12 hour or more a day / 7 day a week work schedule you have been doing pretty much the entire year you have been working on it.

We know you have been working hard, just keep up the good work and make the fantastic game we all know you are making. We can wait a little longer :D .

DWMagus wrote:I'm going to have to be a voice of reason here, so bare with me.

I don't mind the slip at all. Having more features than intended, or having better graphics that originally planned are awesome to me.

But realistically, the forums more than likely do not reflect the majority of the LT backers, and we have to keep them in mind. I am really glad Josh addressed this in an update video since that was sent to all backers, but maybe a little bit more in-depth Q&A about why the slip is happening to help prevent any naysayers from either joining just to gripe or say that this game is never going to happen.

While I'm not one for excuses, but an informed fanbase may not be happy, but at least understanding. I just don't want to disenfranchise those that don't visit the forums.
I think Josh gave every KS backer who is even remotely concerned by the revised release date a more than fair chance to voice any concerns. Every backer received the update. How much effort does it require to express your opinion in the comments section of the update?
Last edited by Victor Tombs on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DWMagus wrote:They're still backers and if we're going to just ignore them, we might as well ignore their money too. They have a right to be upset, entitlement or not.

I think you're placing more importance on this delay than it deserves. I mean, what did actually happen? Josh announced a delay of a quarter, give or take. Delays happen in game development at the drop of a hat, and backers never paid for a prompt delivery, only for a finished product (and whatever other perks there were). So while it's not unreasonable for people to feel a little disappointed at having to wait longer, there's no real justification for serious anger, nor is there need to cater overmuch to people who do get a bee in their bonnet. Josh has been upfront with his delay, expressed his apologies and has explained the reasons. He's also made sure to reach as many people as possible. I think that's enough, and although angry backers nevertheless have the right to express their displeasure, there's no need to bend over backwards to reach out to them.

Still not sure what all the fuss is about over the last few replies here... :? Has anyone voiced disgust or a negative attitude anywhere on the forum, KS blog page, or youtube. Right now I am looking at the Youtube update #12 video again in it is clocking in at an impressive 3,050 views with 0 dislikes! I repeat ZERO DISLIKES!!!! Think everyone is happy that Josh is not sacrificing quality over time! :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

Hart of Lions wrote:Still not sure what all the fuss is about over the last few replies here... :?
I was just replying to a legitimate concern raised by DWMagus. No fuss involved. ;) :lol:

However, I do wish there was more input from those who actually funded the project. Preferably via registering here and posting but failing that a comment on the KS page would be good. I would very much enjoy seeing more of the less "intimidating" types populating the LT forums and adding their two cents worth. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Hart of Lions wrote:Still not sure what all the fuss is about over the last few replies here... :?
I was just replying to a legitimate concern raised by DWMagus. No fuss involved. ;) :lol:

However, I do wish there was more input from those who actually funded the project. Preferably via registering here and posting but failing that a comment on the KS page would be good. I would very much enjoy seeing more of the less "intimidating" types populating the LT forums and adding their two cents worth. :angel:
Mmm, well all the comments on the kickstarter update seem overwhelmingly positive. A lot of them are names I don't recognise from around the forums, too.

Truthfully, I'm quite used to kickstarter projects missing deadlines now, often with no communication from the devs at all. At the least, no-one can accuse Josh of being short on communication, and that's probably the most important thing - people just want to know what's going on.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Just_Ice_au wrote:Mmm, well all the comments on the kickstarter update seem overwhelmingly positive. A lot of them are names I don't recognise from around the forums, too.

Truthfully, I'm quite used to kickstarter projects missing deadlines now, often with no communication from the devs at all. At the least, no-one can accuse Josh of being short on communication, and that's probably the most important thing - people just want to know what's going on.
The KS update comments are overwhelmingly positive Just_Ice but they are a drop in the bucket. I make the effort to leave a comment there and consider it worth the effort and my time. It is only being respectful. You are acknowledging the hard work of Mr Parnell. Even if you don't have much to say you should comment. We all know that Josh takes notice of what we write (that probably doesn't include me) so the more representative the comment numbers are, the better.

Oh, I totally agree with you concerning the KS deadline issue. It's bloody frustrating at times. I don't think anyone could justify leveling such accusations at Josh. He's already asked us to do the arithmetic on the time spent just dealing with the dev logs. :)

Victor Tombs wrote:Oh, I totally agree with you concerning the KS deadline issue. It's bloody frustrating at times. I don't think anyone could justify leveling such accusations at Josh. He's already asked us to do the arithmetic on the time spent just dealing with the dev logs. :)
I found that very suspicious btw... It's an act of delegation, and that's exactly his breakthrough in AI last month... Could it be ... ?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Oh, I totally agree with you concerning the KS deadline issue. It's bloody frustrating at times. I don't think anyone could justify leveling such accusations at Josh. He's already asked us to do the arithmetic on the time spent just dealing with the dev logs. :)
I found that very suspicious btw... It's an act of delegation, and that's exactly his breakthrough in AI last month... Could it be ... ?
:think: You may be right in your suspicions Katorone. Delegation is definitely a buzz word around here. Maybe Josh is trying to find a member who can be a replacement for that unreliable software he was using to keep track of his hours. :P

JoshParnell wrote:It's going to be an intense year, no doubt, but I'm excited as ever to get my hands on a whole new year's worth of coding time :D Let's go!! :monkey:
Hey now, we agreed to only six months in dev time in 2014, not the whole year! Get back to working! :twisted:

I kid, take time to work on it until the KS funds are dry and I still have no problems with that. :lol:
In Josh we trust.

Online Now