Return to “Everything & Anything”

American Election 2020

Well, looks like America has fully entered the circus show of another election. Funny because it seems like just yesterday we had discussions regarding it here... 4 years flies by.

Not being American it's nice to enjoy the chaos from the outside. Though America being a very powerful nation effects the rest of the world, at least to a limited degree.

Last time it was the Prideful Loud Mouth against the Corrupt Establishment.

This time it's the same Prideful Loud Mouth against the Corrupt Establishment, backed by far left anarchists..

Again, not American, but just like last time it's hard to believe these two people are the "best" that can be put forward. Though the "best" know politics really isn't the true road to influence and power.
My Signature
Re: American Election 2020

In the middle-east, President Loud Mouth has managed to accomplish a lot compared to President Drone Strike. While I don't like his personality, I think I prefer him over Vice-President Hair Sniffer. Of course, as a libertarian in Oklahoma, my vote technically means nothing.

zircher wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:37 am
In the middle-east, President Loud Mouth has managed to accomplish a lot compared to President Drone Strike. While I don't like his personality, I think I prefer him over Vice-President Hair Sniffer. Of course, as a libertarian in Oklahoma, my vote technically means nothing.
If I was American, and had to pick between the two... probably would go with Trump.

Trumps main issue is he doesn't know when to just shut up. In the debate last week instead of maybe letting Biden hang himself on his words he kept interrupting. This forced the moderator to step in and gave Joe time to recover. Joe had a couple crazy old man moments, but probably would have had more if Trump let him.
My Signature

It was one of the worst debates I've watched thus far, next to possibly one of the ones Trump had with Hillary. Trump wouldn't let Biden speak, Biden was making some outlandish claims such as being the entire democrat party, and overall it was challenging to see what each person stood for. Here's to hoping that the next presidential debate (Oct 22) will not be such a disaster and that the people will be able to see how sharp and logical each candidate is.

In other news, the nominee for the supreme court (Amy Barrett) seems to be far smarter than either man. I sort of wish someone like her was running for president... anyone but a former lawyer.

BFett wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm
Here's to hoping that the next presidential debate (Oct 22) will not be such a disaster
You've seen the fall of Democracy in America, that happened last election.
Clearly, nothing is going to get better. Only worse.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:23 pm
BFett wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm
Here's to hoping that the next presidential debate (Oct 22) will not be such a disaster
You've seen the fall of Democracy in America, that happened last election.
Clearly, nothing is going to get better. Only worse.
The problem is there is little incentive for skilled people to take the job. The people with the most intellect and charisma know that real power exists not in official government.

Look at SpaceX, Google, Amazon and Facebook. They hold way more potential for true power and influence.

One could argue that Elon, Sundar, Jeff and Mark are not only shadow leaders of America, but most of the world.
My Signature

yeah, during the middle ages, and right up until the rise of democracies, Money was in the hands of the Powerful.
Not all powerful individuals were good, but not all were bad. And the methods to gain power generally require you to be good to your people, as they are your powerbase.

But then then, as stability increased, and the ability for a random urchin to murder and rob a rich person diminished, we experienced a shift.

Power started coming to the hands of the Rich. Because the rich outnumbered the powerful, there's only one King per country, but hundreds of successful merchants.
And when it comes to gaining money, evil methods work much better than good ones.

Once the Rich outnumbered the Powerful, they were able to shift the system, and now it's the Rich AND Powerful, not the Powerful and Rich.

Leading us to now, where the Jeff's of the world get lucky on a stake, exploit workers for maximum profit, and use that profit to create power for themselves, generally through Media sources.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Well.. the blatant covering for the Democrats by pretty much all of social media is a bad thing for everyone.

As I said, I'm not American, so who ever the American people pick to lead their country next week is up to them and effects them way more than it effects me. The approach social media has taken just has some major implication for the future. After all this media is used by the whole world. (well other than places like China of course) Currently and only becoming more so, many people get almost all of their outside world information from sources like YouTube and Facebook. This puts so much global power into private individuals.

The fact that they don't even hide that they are attempting to influence people not only to vote a certain way, but to THINK a certain way has to raise some red flags.

The fact that people who currently benefit and agree with this "correct thinking" aren't bothering to stand up for free speech and to push back against our new technology overlords is so f'ing scary.

edit: cleaned up my crazy blabbering
My Signature

It's pretty messed up. The blow back might be monumentally stupid. Either free reign to manipulate, removing protections from the tech giants, government monitors, monopoly busting, etc. The smart move would be freedom and moderation, but it appears everyone is swinging so far left or right that there will be a 'correction' that no one will like.

Just wait for the mandatory civics lessons taught my combat veterans, it won't be long, (ala Starship Troopers) ;-)
--
TAZ

Over the weekend, Trump supporters in several states blocked highways and roads to keep people from getting to polls, and Trump was encouraging it. Things are starting to get out of hand - in one of the cases shots were fired and people ended up in the hospital, and other people were lighting confederate flags on fire. I'm starting to be legitimately worried about the possibility of riots/a minor civil war in the wake of the election results. I kinda just wish the election was already over, one way or another. Never would've thought this kind of thing would happen in my country. Elections always seemed so dignified up until now. ...or maybe I just wasn't paying attention?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:32 am
...or maybe I just wasn't paying attention?
To Trump's entire Presidency. This isn't new.
This isn't even unexpected to the rest of the world.

Trump wants to be Pol Pot
Trump wants to be Kim Jong Il
Trump wants to be Putin
Trump wants to be Hitler
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now