Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: American Election 2020

zircher wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:51 pm
The Biden campaign bus and slowing traffic are things. MSN said nothing about blocking polls. I have 100% faith that if that was a thing, they would have reported it.
Have you not heard about the county that has but one ballot box for mail in's?
Or the idiots trying to get a whole bunch of votes rulled invalid because they were a drive-in voting system and thus democratic primarily?
How about the cutting of the post service to stop Mail In voting?
Or the massive lines because there is only one open voting place?
Or the Voting system that went offline on the last day for early voting in a state?

This "election" is going to be 95% fraud.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Just because something didn't show up on a particular news site doesn't mean it didn't happen. There have been a lot of other similar incidents the past few days - like police pepper-spraying (children too) and making arrests at peaceful "Get Out The Vote" rallies, scuffles in the streets, various attacks by each party on the other ending in canceled rallies and occasionally violence.

Another quick example, related to Silver's list. Ohio's voting districts are hideously gerrymandered. Last year Ohio was ordered to get rid of the gerrymandered districts before the 2020 elections by a federal court, including this exciting one that Ohioans call "The Snake by the Lake":
Which, despite covering a huge quantity of democratic, city-based voters, only gets a single electoral vote, as opposed to the numerous districts to the south that mostly cover rural areas - and all of them in bizarre shapes designed to maximize republican voter output.
Spoiler:      SHOW
However, the Republican-aligned Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost was outraged over the federal court's decision that the districts were "unconstitutional" and fought it for the past year. This year, nothing has still been done about them, despite the majority of Ohio voters (democrats and republicans alike) agreeing that something needed to be done.

Honestly the whole thing is ridiculous. The Republican/Democrat divide is largely meaningless and does little except pit Americans against each other like it's some kind of stupid sports event, and ensure that nothing actually gets done to improve the country or the livelihoods of its citizens.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Honestly the whole thing is ridiculous. The Republican/Democrat divide is largely meaningless and does little except pit Americans against each other like it's some kind of stupid sports event, and ensure that nothing actually gets done to improve the country or the livelihoods of its citizens.

That's pretty well said.

"Left" and "right" still have value as distinctive worldviews in a semi-centrist balance. Progress and security both matter! We need both those who believe humans can be better and those who counsel gradualism in proposed changes to arguably useful social structures (because not everything that's new is better). Both of these ways of looking at the world are vital; they allow us to respond and adapt to new opportunities while preserving what works into the future for the next generation.

But the two political parties in the U.S., which are the tools by which the policies that reflect worldviews are implemented, are currently massively broken. We now have moralizing authoritarians commanding one party, while cult-of-personality know-nothings have seized control of the other. Without political parties capable of cooperating, normal human beings have basically lost their means of participating in self-government... which is what the whole experiment in ordered liberty depends on. (This breakdown is exactly what worried James Madison as he described the risks of "factions" in Federalist No. 10.)

This election isn't going to fix what's broken in the U.S. political party system. Heck, maybe the culture itself is so busted, maybe the self-haters of Western civilization have already so degraded our sense of cultural self-worth that even a real structural fix to the apparatus of party politics will no longer be enough.

I really need someone to invent cheap fusion power plants, or anti-gravity, or FTL drive, or some such frontier-opening technology so that we can focus on expanding again, rather than chewing on each other like rats who falsely believe only one last piece of moldy cheese remains....

Wow. Just wow.

I knew this election was going to be game changing, but wow.

This is the point in history friends that the hidden cabal that actually rule the world have let the curtain slip just wide enough that we got a peak inside.

Elections, freedoms, rights. They are all an illusion.

Everything that is occurring is them taking back control, control that slipped ever so slightly when the world changed from big old corporate media to new corporate media. Early internet allowed people to circumvent their iron fist ever so slightly. They let it go for so long due to it not being seen as a real threat. They will not make this mistake again.

In the coming years we will see changes, changes that will occur in small steps as to not panic the populous. We will be kept complacent with base entertainment. Celebrity scandals, new movie block busters, that shiny new game.

Never fear, it was like this for years and we never noticed. The slip in the curtain will be fixed. We will go on.

Just know, it is all fake. None of it is real. We are cattle for the elites.
My Signature

Maybe it's because I'm tired, but I don't quite get what you're talking about. I mean, sure, I agree with a lot of it, but what is this in reference to specifically?

re: Flatfingers: thank you. grounded viewpoint as usual :) glad we're on the same page, even though I think the way we swing re: red/blue differs slightly. it's a good example of how the whole red/blue thing shouldn't really matter in the end. On that note... anti-gravity would be really awesome. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 pm
Maybe it's because I'm tired, but I don't quite get what you're talking about. I mean, sure, I agree with a lot of it, but what is this in reference to specifically?
Government by the people for the people is the biggest lie we have been told.

I have been watching the US election closely. It's so clearly been made into a fake show election. How a country that prides it's self on freedom or death mostly just sits around and is happy to ignore it shows how weak people have become.

Lets be clear, Donald Trump was never supposed to win. The invisible government that runs the show from the shadows almost made an error in judgement. They figured the combined pressure of almost all mainstream media would have lowered the support of the populous that with some minor tweaks to the numbers they could put their pre-selected figurehead in charge and keep business as usual.

One clue was how most media called Arizona while not even close to enough votes had been counted to actually know who won. This while not bothering to call States that clearly were won by Trump. Watching the counting was like watching your computer download. They would get to 85% counted.. and just stop. Then they called it's a night... then continued the next day, with number trends suddenly taking a twist.

All media is pushing the same agenda. We have a massive open forum like Twitter literally censoring the sitting president of the United States of America and his supporters while propping up his opponents.

I am not American, so it's not like I am upset that "my candidate" didn't win. In fact Bidden winning will probably benefit me indirectly unless somehow Trumps legal challenges and recounts actually do something, and I bet they won't.

I fear the crack down by big tech. Open censoring of ideas they "don't like" is now done right in the open. Soon it will all be one big echo chamber with a population even easier to control. People will fear steeping out of line with terror of being the next target and being "cancelled". Heck, it's pretty much career suicide right now for any celerity of any sort to show the smallest support for the current sitting president. As a non-American I have no reason to like Trump, and in truth I fine him a loud mouth at times and comes across as a jerk. I however respect his respect for freedom of ideas and speech. I find some peoples out right hate of him to be pretty much brain washing. I get not liking him, but the insane hate is just crazy group think. It becomes apparent when you ask for specific examples of what people accuse him of being. Most people just assume it's true... because.. everyone is saying it?

If you think they will stop with election interference your not seeing it for what it is.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:22 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 pm
Government by the people for the people is the biggest lie we have been told.

I have been watching the US election closely. It's so clearly been made into a fake show election. How a country that prides it's self on freedom or death mostly just sits around and is happy to ignore it shows how weak people have become.

Lets be clear, Donald Trump was never supposed to win. The invisible government that runs the show from the shadows almost made an error in judgement. They figured the combined pressure of almost all mainstream media would have lowered the support of the populous that with some minor tweaks to the numbers they could put their pre-selected figurehead in charge and keep business as usual.

One clue was how most media called Arizona while not even close to enough votes had been counted to actually know who won. This while not bothering to call States that clearly were won by Trump. Watching the counting was like watching your computer download. They would get to 85% counted.. and just stop. Then they called it's a night... then continued the next day, with number trends suddenly taking a twist.

All media is pushing the same agenda. We have a massive open forum like Twitter literally censoring the sitting president of the United States of America and his supporters while propping up his opponents.

I am not American, so it's not like I am upset that "my candidate" didn't win. In fact Bidden winning will probably benefit me indirectly unless somehow Trumps legal challenges and recounts actually do something, and I bet they won't.

I fear the crack down by big tech. Open censoring of ideas they "don't like" is now done right in the open. Soon it will all be one big echo chamber with a population even easier to control. People will fear steeping out of line with terror of being the next target and being "cancelled". Heck, it's pretty much career suicide right now for any celerity of any sort to show the smallest support for the current sitting president. As a non-American I have no reason to like Trump, and in truth I fine him a loud mouth at times and comes across as a jerk. I however respect his respect for freedom of ideas and speech. I find some peoples out right hate of him to be pretty much brain washing. I get not liking him, but the insane hate is just crazy group think. It becomes apparent when you ask for specific examples of what people accuse him of being. Most people just assume it's true... because.. everyone is saying it?

If you think they will stop with election interference your not seeing it for what it is.
I mean... in some ways I do agree. Elections aren't really decided by the people so much as influenced by. Elections are a big show of corporations and the rich spending 4 years trying to manipulate just enough of the population to get their preferred candidate into the presidency.

That said, while I think the corporate powers are a little less favourable towards Trump than they were, they would've still much preferred Trump to win as the GOP have a history of shady deals and quid pro quo with big corporations, as is much a trend amongst conversative governments (See: Australia and the mining industry).

The likely result of Biden winning in my opinion was the result of significant public outcry due to Trump's behaviour and legislature over the last four years, and the fact that Trump got so many votes is the evidence of the political propaganda machine still churning to convince people that the wolf is actually a sheep. Trump has made it exceedingly difficult for even the all-powerful murdoch media and corporate think tanks to convince the majority of Americans that he's the correct choice, and that says a lot about Trump.

All that said, the democrats are scheming to actively keep their party neoliberal at best. They keep avoiding stronger social safety nets, drug decriminalisation, and other common 'left' policies because in the end both parties are subpar. One is just significantly worse than the other.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Zanteogo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:22 pm
Then they called it's a night... then continued the next day, with number trends suddenly taking a twist.
Mail in ballots (that in many states had to be counted after the other ballots) strongly favoring the candidate who told his voters to use them over the candidate who told his voters not to use them because they're bad? *surprised pikachu*
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Black--Snow wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:17 am
That said, while I think the corporate powers are a little less favourable towards Trump than they were, they would've still much preferred Trump to win as the GOP have a history of shady deals and quid pro quo with big corporations, as is much a trend amongst conversative governments (See: Australia and the mining industry).
What corporate powers supported Trump? Pretty much all media seemed to exaggerate his faults and ignore his achievements. I am guessing most media has links to most corporate powers. Even Fox news, the biggest far right news of America seemed to start distancing it's self from Trump during the last month. Honestly if it weren't for new media I would have assumed Trump was a second coming of Hitler. It's only when you have multiple sources of information, mostly non-mainstream sources, that you can cut past the BS and get an idea of what is actually occurring.
Black--Snow wrote:
The likely result of Biden winning in my opinion was the result of significant public outcry due to Trump's behaviour and legislature over the last four years, and the fact that Trump got so many votes is the evidence of the political propaganda machine still churning to convince people that the wolf is actually a sheep. Trump has made it exceedingly difficult for even the all-powerful murdoch media and corporate think tanks to convince the majority of Americans that he's the correct choice, and that says a lot about Trump.
Trump has bafoon behavior. I can't disagree. If you look past the surface level though, I honestly didn't think he did a bad job. Though I didn't actually live through it so admit I could be wrong.
Biden comes across as that crazy grandfather we all had, that you could tell in his glory days was sharp and was a changing force, but now is a but a fraction of himself. Biden's VP is the personification of annoying.
Black--Snow wrote:
All that said, the democrats are scheming to actively keep their party neoliberal at best. They keep avoiding stronger social safety nets, drug decriminalisation, and other common 'left' policies because in the end both parties are subpar. One is just significantly worse than the other.
The whole system is subpar. I truly believe an illusion as well.

The part that will affect me is the coming massive crack down on social media. It's going to be far left, everywhere all the time. All other voices will be pushed out and labeled criminal. I see myself as more as a center person, and believe that the removal of all other voices will only make it easier to control the people.
My Signature

dude.
had too much time cube recently, eh?

Zanteogo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:47 pm
The part that will affect me is the coming massive crack down on social media. It's going to be far left, everywhere all the time. All other voices will be pushed out and labeled criminal. I see myself as more as a center person, and believe that the removal of all other voices will only make it easier to control the people.
you mean the one Drumpf was working on staging?

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:06 am
Zanteogo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:47 pm
you mean the one Drumpf was working on staging?
Evidence of this?

Currently most mainstream social media is censoring the right wing conservative voice. The bar that gets considered hate speech or dangerous ideas keeps getting moved further and further. Twitter is pretty much one big far left echo chamber as it is now.

I have seen nothing to indicate that Trump had any plans to limit free speech. If anything the opposite.
My Signature

I guess Trump exploring ways to punish press outlets for reporting things he didn't want reported isn't infringing on free speech now, but private groups making it so people can't say slurs on the platforms that they own and allow other people to use is?

If people want a more "free speech-y" alternative there's always Gab or something.

Zanteogo wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:59 am
Currently most mainstream social media is censoring the right wing conservative voice.
I guess Facebook isn't considered "most" then? They do the opposite, deleting stuff about Biden while spreading Trump ads around. Just depends on which social media giant you're talking about, really.

Online Now