Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: User-created Bots and the Forum

Dinosawer wrote: For tomorrow: then tell people of the future it's not allowed unless you have mod permission the first time it happens. Solved. :ghost:
Although, to be honest, as long as they don't post you don't actually have a way of knowing whether an account is a lurker or a human made scrapebot to start with. Half of our 1881 zero post users could be that, for all that you know. It's not like you notice.
And as for double accounting, nobody notices that either unless they make it obvious, in which case, intervene the first time it happens.
Yeah, I think you're right, Dino. I may have slightly overreacted. :P I have a tendency to do that when I'm tired. (Or half asleep, in this case. :ghost:)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: User-created Bots and the Forum

Taiya, That first bot thing, and Saoirse all posted. They can have avatars. However, I think bots should have a different color name, just to be sure they are a bot. Pink for instance! :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now