Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

Baleur wrote: [snip]
Why is it such a "taboo" to compare different games?
Image Seriously though, you can compare anything you like, but you have to keep in mind certain things, primarily intended use.

You can compare the horsepower of similar diesel and gasoline vehicles, and you'll usually find that gassers have greater horsepower, but you'll be missing the important fact that diesel engines generate more torque. As a result, gassers are better for accelerating quickly and diesels are better for moving heavy things.

You can compare the qualities of heavy metal and baroque music. Each is a style in its own right, but you have to remember that heavy metal fans aren't necessarily baroque fans and vice versa. There's obviously a different audience, and unless there is a really large overlap between those audiences, any comparison you make is totally useless anyway.

You can compare an apple and an orange, and talk about in what ways they are sweet and tart, how they are juicy. You can contrast the edibility of their skins. You can do all of that, but if someone asks you for an orange, they will not be happy if you give them an apple, and if someone asks you for an apple, they will not be happy if you give them an orange.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

tokmak333 wrote:update coming out today right?
Supposedly... :sick: I keep refreshing the LT youtube page every few seconds, but alas, it eludes me still :crazy: :crazy: I need the hook up on the cook up Josh, the knock up on the rock up!
The victorious strategist only seeks battle
After the victory has been won
Whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights
And afterwards looks for victory

-Sun Tzu

Talvieno wrote:That was posted six months ago, Poet. :P
Doh! Well I guess I should pay more attention to post dates. Oh well.

EDIT
What happened to the quote? Damn, I can't even get that right even when I use the quote button.
Last edited by Poet1960 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Charley_Deallus wrote:I like cake.
Victor Tombs wrote:Josh sounds like he has the right ingredients for that cake and is having a blast making it.
I hate to restate the obvious but... the cake is a lie. :monkey:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now