Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

ThymineC wrote:Great video but damn it's gotten late here.
I got a solution for all of this. Procedural videos! Think about it. We already have a procedural game, so why not procedural videos? It's perfect. Josh will no longer need to spend hours editing and narrating a video, and you won't have to spend hour breaking your keyboard. It's a win win situation.
You have disobeyed God. Now you must pay the consequence.
[/i]

I actually feel like the UI has taken a step backwards in the last few updates :(
It's missing the simplicity, connectedness and "openness" that the nodal UI had. The icons on the tiles all look great, but... I'm not sure about the tiled look - they're just too big and intrusive, and it reminds me too much of what Windows 8 is (was?) trying to do.

Apart from that, though, the update looks fantastic. I really love the backgrounds, and whilst in terms of content it may feel a little sparse, as a programmer I understand the importance of the systems behind it all. Great to see everything coming together!

Question though: at a couple of points in the video, I saw ships simply vanish when you were looking at them (unless I just brainderped or something). What happened there?

CommanderDJ wrote:I actually feel like the UI has taken a step backwards in the last few updates :(
It's missing the simplicity, connectedness and "openness" that the nodal UI had. The icons on the tiles all look great, but... I'm not sure about the tiled look - they're just too big and intrusive, and it reminds me too much of what Windows 8 is (was?) trying to do.
Totally agreed.
Question though: at a couple of points in the video, I saw ships simply vanish when you were looking at them (unless I just brainderped or something). What happened there?
They probably just docked.

Good morning!
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.

A couple of things with the latest update.

The database, will it only collect data on "damage against Startek" if I currently have that mission going? Or will the game let me do a bunch of damage to Startek, then one day when an AI creates that mission, I can suddenly redeem all the damage I did even before the AI requested it?

And can I tell who created the mission? I wouldn't want to be doing missions for my competition after all. And in fact I may wish to make it more difficult for my competition. If I notice that my competitor Wintertek has requested someone damage Startek, I may want to make that mission more difficult for Wintertek by sending my assets to protect Startek. For this reason however I guess it would make sense that some might want to anonymously post their missions.

Online Now