Return to “Everything & Anything”

Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#947
Hi Josh

You have the most remarkable work ethic and productivity levels I have ever seen. In your dev logs I very much get the sense of urgency you place on the project - particularly given the number of fans you have who have either contributed via kickstarter or who are just really excited by the game.

That said if you are working 3-4 days straight with no sleep that is really not a good idea and over a prolonged period you could make yourself unwell - nothing is worth the price of your mental and physical health! Also I suspect the quality of your problem solving and coding may be improved by better sleeping patterns.

Any comparisons people are making with Star Citizen to me seem completely misguided - they have been given a war chest of $43m and have a team of over 200 developers!!!

Anyway keep up the good work just don't make yourself ill in the process.

Ed
London, UK
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#951
I would really like to get to know Josh a lilbit better. So How about a Q&A video? There are so many questions like:
Where do you live?
How old are you?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Where did you learn to code?
Where did you learn to code on such a high level?
How do you eat?/ How do you pay your bills?/ Is it only the money from Kickstarter?
etc..

Tell me what you think.

Oh and CHOOO CHOOOO!!!
Image
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#952
Haeri wrote:I would really like to get to know Josh a lilbit better. So How about a Q&A video? There are so many questions like:
Where do you live?
How old are you?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Where did you learn to code?
Where did you learn to code on such a high level?
How do you eat?/ How do you pay your bills?/ Is it only the money from Kickstarter?
etc..

Tell me what you think.

Oh and CHOOO CHOOOO!!!
Why would you want to socialize with the code slave? stop being nice to the help. They will start getting ideas about taking weekends and vacations and asking for more money. You know, like people do.
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#953
Haeri wrote:...
Josh is a pretty interesting person. There's a fair amount I've learnt about him over the past few months of conversation with him. But there's only one question that would be of any real significance, and I already know the answer to it, and for that Josh deserves eternal respect regardless of pretty much anything else in my opinion.
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#954
ThymineC wrote:
Haeri wrote:...
Josh is a pretty interesting person. There's a fair amount I've learnt about him over the past few months of conversation with him. But there's only one question that would be of any real significance, and I already know the answer to it, and for that Josh deserves eternal respect regardless of pretty much anything else in my opinion.
this is where we ask what question? Is it breeders related?
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#955
Haeri wrote:I would really like to get to know Josh a lilbit better. So How about a Q&A video? There are so many questions like:
Where do you live?
How old are you?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Where did you learn to code?
Where did you learn to code on such a high level?
How do you eat?/ How do you pay your bills?/ Is it only the money from Kickstarter?
etc..

Tell me what you think.

Oh and CHOOO CHOOOO!!!
I do believe the answers to these questions are known.

He lives in Tennessee.

He is 22.

girlfriend /boyfriend /spouse... I dunno, but how would he have the time, and how would they have the patience to deal with his work ethic?

He learned by reading, practice, and classes, observation and study of others.

He is a natural genius.

He lives off of the money from the Kickstart. I presume he eats with his feet, hence the :monkey: and eats mainly nuts, hence the :squirrel:


Also, until further notice, my name is HYPErion
Image
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#956
Haeri wrote:I would really like to get to know Josh a lilbit better. So How about a Q&A video? There are so many questions like:
Where do you live?
How old are you?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Where did you learn to code?
Where did you learn to code on such a high level?
How do you eat?/ How do you pay your bills?/ Is it only the money from Kickstarter?
etc..

Tell me what you think.

Oh and CHOOO CHOOOO!!!
Just go to his page and you can get some more information about Josh.

http://joshparnell.com/

Best, Club
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#959
edmozley wrote:Any comparisons people are making with Star Citizen to me seem completely misguided - they have been given a war chest of $43m and have a team of over 200 developers!!!
And yet this indie project, for the past 6 months, has shown more complete gameplay and polish in the graphics engine than that 44 million dollar 200 man team has shown.
So, why are the comparisons misguided? If they are in LT's favor :mrgreen:

People need to understand that everything can be compared to everything. Because in the end we pay for games with the one and only same thing, real life money.
If a 4x strategy game costs 40 dollars and a first person shooter costs 40 dollars, they can and should be compared.
Which is better value for money? Which has more "fun factor"? Which has more replayability? Which is more polished?

As an end product i don't care if a game was made by 1 guy in a shed or 200 guys in a multi-million dollar studio.
I still pay for both games with my real life money. As such if i find that the 1-man game is showing more progress than the 200-man game, i'll stick by that comparison.
It's the same thing with real life.
If you buy a moldy loaf of bread for 3 dollars with maggots in it, then you see a package of fresh baguettes for the same price, wouldn't you say that the moldy loaf of bread with maggots is objectively a worse product than the fresh baguettes? But they are not the exact same "genre" of bread! Doesn't matter. It's your money at stake and your enjoyment.

In real life we constantly compare a bottle of orange juice to a package of coffee beans, in our decisions of what to purchase for our enjoyment. Despite them being different.
Why is it such a "taboo" to compare different games?
Post

Re: LT update anticipation thread

#960
MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
ThymineC wrote:
Haeri wrote:...
Josh is a pretty interesting person. There's a fair amount I've learnt about him over the past few months of conversation with him. But there's only one question that would be of any real significance, and I already know the answer to it, and for that Josh deserves eternal respect regardless of pretty much anything else in my opinion.
this is where we ask what question? Is it parents related?
:silent:

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron